Virgin America Guest Service Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

My process took two months. Applied May 24, got the the email for a digital interview on June 18. The video interview was easy. Just asked why Virgin America, tell us a little bit about yourself, give us a time you went above & beyond for a customer or a friend, how do you handle a high pressure situation you have no control over. It wasn't so bad. Submitted that, got an email July 12 inviting me to a F2F interview in Boston on July 14. There was maybe about 20 people at the interview. It started at 8:30 but they were running a little late so the presentation didn't start until maybe 8:45-8:50. Very informative about the company, pay, benefits etc. they had us do an icebreaker activity at each table & had us find 3 things we all had in common. After the presentation they called us in for one-on-one interviews. The questions were different from the digital interview somewhat. They ask you why Virgin America, they have you go over your resume, they ask why they should hire you, etc. 10 minutes later they came out & told me I can apply again in 6 months & that they're sorry they're no longer moving me forward in the process. I really wish they told me why. Most places usually imply the reason but they didn't tell me which made me kind of sad being that I'm very outgoing, I have high energy & a lot of the qualities they're looking for. That & I came up from Connecticut & spent the night in Boston just to be sure I got there in time but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Virgin America

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America.

Interview

I applied and received an offer to do the video interview about two days later. The request gave an overview for the position and also stated that the hourly rate would be 12.47 an hour. That is a ridiculous pay rate for NY so I declined to interview and was looking for something full time. The hours guaranteed are 20 hours a week and requires complete flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to spend three weeks of training in Burlingame, CA or Seattle, WA   1 Answer

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America.

Interview

I applied on-line, did the on-line test/assessment and a week later got an email with a link to do the video interview. That's as far as I've gotten. I am currently waiting on hearing what the next step of the process is. However, at the bottom of this review there is no option about "waiting for an offer" so I didn't know how to answer that.

Interview Questions

I didn't decline but haven't heard anything yet so I didn't know how to answer this question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (Sterling, VA).

Interview

I submitted my resume online. A week letter they contacted me requesting I participate in a one way 20 min interview. I am hoping they will follow up with yes or no, I find it nerve racking when a no equals no response.

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America in July 2016.

Interview

20 minute one-way video interview. 30 second prep time before each question. Practice question.Clear instructions. Just relax and answer honestly and there will be no problem. You are allowed a break between each question and then you restart the interview.

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America.

Interview

The process was pretty long, but there was communication the whole time, so it wasn't frustrating. Here's what my timeline was like:
    1. Applied online
    2. About 2 1/2 weeks later, received an e-mail to do the video interview
    3. About 3 days later received a phone call and did a short phone interview and then scheduled a one-on-one interview. This call was basically making sure you could attend training, you knew the payscale, etc.
    4. Went to the face-to-face interview the day after the phone call
    5. A week later received a call saying they were moving forward with my background check and drug screening
    6. Two weeks later received a call offering the position!

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time when you've had to work with a difficult team member? How did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Virgin America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Step 1) One way 5-6 question self recorded video interview
     Step 2) Phone interview
     Step 3) In person airport interview with manager
     Step 4) Back round check and drug test
     Step 5) Cross your fingers and wait

Interview Questions

• Can you attend 3 weeks of training in California?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online- was contacted by email to call them for a quick phone interview. Had Phone interview with someone from California at headquarters. She asked me if I would like to come to a group interview being held at a hotel a few days later. I went at 10am- dressed nice. There were 30+ people there at the hotel.. very casual atmosphere..everyone super nice. We were divided into groups and did role play/ ice breakers for an hour. Virgin presented the company for an hour. We were then taken one by one for individual interviews. Was told they would be in contact in 1-2 weeks. They checked ALL employment and education making sure all matched. Received an email to go get a drug test. Got offer and started 3 week training

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating salary - it is what it is...