Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Atlantic Airways (Norwalk, CT) in July 2007.

I had a pre-screening interview with HR to verify that it was worth conducting a full interview. The full interview was done in two phases - first they ran through the job function in a casual call. Then we got back on the phone a few days later and did a formal interview where I was asked to frame myself in the context of the job. A lot of things were promised from their end that I would be wary of when considering an offer. Flex time, work life balance promise, etc are all put on the table, but inside, you'll find that none of these things happen. When you travel internationally, for example, even if you lose part of your weekend for work travel, you are expected back in the office at 9am the day after you arrive back, even if you landed at midnight.

Interview Questions

• From looking at your resume, you don't seem to have any of the experience we are looking for. Why should we bother continuing the interview process with you.   Answer Question

The offer made was lower than what I expected and they refused to negotiate even a dollar of the offer. They refused to pay relocation fees as my job wasn't considered sufficiently senior. I know others have had some negotation success, so I would recommend staying firm. The HR team here works to bring employees in at a rock bottom salary, rather than bringing them in at a compromised level where the employee remains satisfied by compensation. Once inside, there is almost no room for salary improvement.