Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools

2.6

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools.

Interview

I've had several interviews started with initially being hired into the district and then at different schools. Once you are in the district you must interview with individual schools. Each school has its own combination of who it includes in interviews and what questions they ask.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with a student who becomes belligerent?   Answer Question

Clinic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very nice. It was the RN and the assistant principle. They made you feel very comfortable. It was not stuffy or scary at all. The questions were about your job so that made it very easy as long as you know your job. It took about 30 min for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How to take care of a diabetic student that will come in.   1 Answer

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Job search done by emails, then contacted by phone by principal of school. A date was set up to meet and I was told at least three people would be interviewed for the position. Our schools use a site-based decision process when hiring teachers for positions. This means the principal has the final st in which candidate is hired. If you are hired right out of college, there are also recuruting visits and open house hiring sessions held for recent graduates.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios about discipline, difficult parent conferences, and curriculum questions. There was a panel of teachers and principal present during the interview.   1 Answer

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

You apply online, the school calls you, you do an interview with the principal, and if they offer you the position the central office handles the rest of the process.

Interview Questions

Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools Response

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools.

Interview

Asked typical questions for the position. It was not a particularly challenging interview. It took awhile to here back from them. I received an email stating I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected questions. I thought the questions to be quite standard for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

panel interview. There is an assistant principal, department chair, specialist and the person who is technical department. Different people ask different questions and they will document what you say. The last question would ask you whether you have any questions for them. Better ask some good questions to make them impressed.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools.

Interview

You will be interviewed by a panel. Make sure you practice education interview questions and are up to date on best practices within the educational field. If you have any specialized experience, especially leadership, be sure to highlight that in your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Before you are selected for an interview you are required to have the online application, references, copies of certification, etc. completed. The next step in the process is an online video questionnaire. A standard set of questions are asked and you will be recorded. The process was very awkward and the site went down on me at one point. This required me to log back in and start at the point where I had left off. It felt very impersonal to me.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools.

Interview

I felt that the interview process was very rushed and unprofessional. I was actually interviewed in the school by the principal and assistant principal because they had an immediate need that had to be filled immediately. They seemed very ill prepared and the questions they did have were obviously stock questions. I personally find those questions irritating and incapable of actually showing a candidates true personality, of course that's just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions. Most of the questions were typical interview questions with one or two questions thrown in about classroom management and your opinion on deal with problem kids. Other than that it was the same strengths/weakness questions and "tell us about a time..."   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools.

Interview

First invited for video interview for district, not for a particular school. I've had interviews at schools, but haven't heard back either yes or no, just left guessing my status.