Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.6

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools.

Interview

First invited for video interview for district, not for a particular school. I've had interviews at schools, but haven't heard back either yes or no, just left guessing my status.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools.

Interview

Asked typical questions for the position. It was not a particularly challenging interview. It took awhile to here back from them. I received an email stating I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected questions. I thought the questions to be quite standard for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

panel interview. There is an assistant principal, department chair, specialist and the person who is technical department. Different people ask different questions and they will document what you say. The last question would ask you whether you have any questions for them. Better ask some good questions to make them impressed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Before you are selected for an interview you are required to have the online application, references, copies of certification, etc. completed. The next step in the process is an online video questionnaire. A standard set of questions are asked and you will be recorded. The process was very awkward and the site went down on me at one point. This required me to log back in and start at the point where I had left off. It felt very impersonal to me.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Three people on the team. Two seemed highly competent in knowing the major issues. Questions were delivered in a bored and labored cycle. Each team member appeared to have a set of assigned questions. No one smiled. Note taking of responses do not appear comparable -- perhaps a word or two. (If you really worked on competent content, a little of that glory would be nice for the permanent record.)

Individual time with the team members saw personality coming through. It was easy to see the dedication and relate to the person.

Tour occurred when class was in session. Change of class would have given a clearer view of school climate.

Interview Questions

Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools Response

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools.

Interview

I've had several interviews started with initially being hired into the district and then at different schools. Once you are in the district you must interview with individual schools. Each school has its own combination of who it includes in interviews and what questions they ask.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with a student who becomes belligerent?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was job related and the questions was very detailed. I had to answer questions for a panel of three people. They interviewed several people before they could make a decision because they have many people that applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I handled my team if we had an emergency incident   Answer Question

Information Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was balanced between technical and non technical questions, I enjoyed the interview and it seemed like a good place to work. The hiring process is a bit awkward they make you turn an in employment verification form to you previous and current employers to be able to make you a salary offer, this process I think is more geared towards teachers but they apply it to everyone. So they basically can get you in trouble if your current employer doesn't know you are looking for job. There is very little room for salary negotiations to none at all they will offer the entry level salary by default until you turn in the EV forms. Then you are at the mercy of their HR department. My suggestion don't quit you current employment until you hear their final offer.

Interview Questions

Although I personally and professionally would have enjoyed working with their IT department, their HR department kind of drop the ball in the whole hiring process and the salary offer below expectations even after the EV.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Short and precise. Met the recruiting manager and answered their questions regarding my experience. I was given an opportunity to ask questions too. It was a short interview but very detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a set salary with no room for negotiation unless you qualify for a full time teacher position.

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

You apply online, the school calls you, you do an interview with the principal, and if they offer you the position the central office handles the rest of the process.

Interview Questions

Virginia Beach CIty Public Schools Response