Virginia Hospital Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Hospital Center Interview Questions

Interviews at Virginia Hospital Center

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and soon received a phone call from HR for a phone interview. Then they called again and scheduled an in person interview in the recruitment office. After that I went for and interview with the Patient Care Director of the unit followed by a peer interview from RNs and PCAs on the unit. Then i got the phone call offering me the job followed by an email with everything in writing.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

applied online & was contacted 2 days later for phone screen, passed phone screen and had the in person interview with hr to do paperwork and the patient care director, another w/ staff on the unit, then got invited to do the talent plus interview, called 6 days later w/ offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have anything to negotiate

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. received a phone call 2 days later. (Which sounded like a slight phone interview) ...was called back the following week for an invite to interview hire process. Met with recruiting and the hiring manager. Received a letter in the mail dated the day after my interview...

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview, then in person interview with recruiter, then floor interview with manager and current employees on the floor. Was pretty relaxed setting, manager really enjoyed my company and the current employees really made me feel comfortable

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this job   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center in September 2017.

Interview

Very poorly managed recruiting office. Originally received an offer for 75, even though I said my minimum was 85. I got them to come up to 80. Then after they said they wouldn't go up any more, I accepted the offer at 80. Then I got a call 20 Minutes later saying the recruiting office had made a mistake and the offer wasn't for 80, but 77. I told them they needed to make good on their 80 offer. So the next morning they rescinded my offer. Very unprofessional and poorly managed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Virginia Hospital Center?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I feel as though the process was very thorough. First, within a few days of submitting an application, I received a call from someone with the recruitment. There was a 45 minute prescreen/phone interview. She was friendly and very helpful with any questions I had.
    Next, I came in for an interview. I met with the same person I spoke with on the phone, she walked me through all of the great benefits of working with VHC and then walked a winding maze to the unit I was interviewing for. I did an interview both with the unit manager and then with a few staff nurses, which I can appreciate that they care about letting the nurses have a say on who they bring in and I can see the style of nurses that I can expect to work with.
    Followinf the interview, came a Talentplus phone interview that I had to schedule. They said it would take about an hour, but I'm pretty open, honest, and straight to the point. Imagine my horror when it ended in 30 minutes. I thought I had lost my chance at a great hospital.
    About 5-6 days later, including a weekend, I got got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• For the in person interview, just Google top nursing interview questions. That's what I did, and there was no question that I hadn't heard before from those lists. Be prepared!   Answer Question
    • Talentplus had some interesting questions. I suggest Googling 'common Talentplus nursing questions.' That prepared me for some of the more obscure questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am a new nurse with no experience and accepted the standard package offered with the new nurse fellowship. I've looked and asked around at other facilities and the set up for the new nurse at VHC is quite competitive and fair.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter three days later. Had a mini phone interview with the recruiter which led to scheduling an interview with the nurse manager. Before the interview with the manager, I met with recruitment. They collected all the documents they asked for (references, CPR card, etc,) and then explained things about the hospital. They also give you information about benefits, which I though was kind of strange because I haven't even had my interview yet. We then walked over to the unit and I met with the manager. The interview with the manager felt more like a conversation which is always a plus! I came in a few days later to interview with the staff. They asked ten questions which were pretty simple (read from a piece of paper). The timeline from applying to the final interview took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me three of your strengths and three of your weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter and a week later another recruiter. Then interviewed with one manager but decided I didn't want to work in the area so was offer another interview on a different unit. This took a week to set up. I interviewed with manager and then peer interview. The questions were basic. The staff that were brought in to ask questions just read them from a sheet and they seemed stressed that they needed to go back to work but had to go to interview. The manager was friendly and positive. I regret not getting a tour of the unit and shadowing would of been nice to see before starting because now I know why the nurses were stressed. They are under staffed and the workload is unbearable!!

Interview Questions

• What is the most important for you at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied online and spoke with HR the next day. Met with the Patient care Director and did a peer interview on the same day. Was offered the position the next day and accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter over the phone for approx 15 minutes. She asked about my experience and told me about VHC. Then met in person with PCD, followed by panel interview of 3. Two RNs and secretary.

Interview Questions

• Why VHC and this unit? They asked all the typical questions found on the internet for RN positions.   Answer Question