Virginia Hospital Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 60 of over 60 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Virginia Hospital Center

Virginia Hospital Center

Application

I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center

Interview

I met with three lovely ladies who made the process smooth and comfortable. I am normally very nervous but after them just walking in the room everything shifted. Overall great interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • What do you look for in your next position?
    Answer Question

Virginia Hospital Center

Application

I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center

Interview

Met with department manager. - easy questions - showed me the unit and introduced me to staff. Gave me a tour of the operating rooms. It was an easy going interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

31.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Virginia Hospital Center~28072
Join the conversation on

Virginia Hospital Center

Application

I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center

Interview

It was a 3 step interview process, all happened within a week. I was in touch with the recruiter via phone and email. She updated me on their decision every few days.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and your current position and responsibilities.

Virginia Hospital Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience I've ever dealt with. The person interviewing me didn't even show. Waited 20 minutes, just to be informed that he was not in that day. Definitely worth avoiding.

Interview Questions
  • He's not in today. Would you like to reschedule?
1 person found this interview helpful

Virginia Hospital Center

Application

I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center

Interview

I think the interview process was fairly easy you will get three interviews I did mine through FaceTime because of Covid-19 but it’s like any other interview process in the medical field

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA)

Interview

Long. Before I talked to a hiring manager I had to do a long (almost two hours) phone screen that was like a personality or strenths test. You can't really tell from the questions what strenth they're trying to measure.

Interview Questions
  • If your supervisor was doing something clinically wrong would you feel comfortable correcting them? How would you do it?
1 person found this interview helpful

Virginia Hospital Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center in Nov 2020

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. I was emailed an invitation to interview a few days prior. The interview took place over the phone. I believe the interview was between 10 and 15 minutes!!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Virginia Hospital Center

Application

I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center

Interview

the hiring process is very long, I have been waiting for a call for 3 weeks, I would like to know why this process is very long, after a reference check and background check.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in Mar 2020

Interview

Apply online. There is a personality quiz that takes forever. They take this seriously. Answer as a team player. HR will call you and ask you how much you make and want. They'll ask why you are seeking a change. Majority of the 2020-2021 hires have no hospital CM experience. The people hired after me: came from bedside, owned a daycare (worked in a hospital a long time ago), stay at home wife (RN). If you have CM experience, you will probably get a job offer. Your first interview will be with director. He talks so much. The interview is him talking and needing an audience, more than it is about you and your experience. If you're an active listener, meaning letting director talk, he'll likely like you and you'll get invited to a peer interview. He has already coached the group on the peer interview to accept you. They actually get penalized if they say anything negative. HR will do job offer by phone. If you accept, there is a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What's a tough case you've had?

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in Mar 2020

Interview

Match Day Event: 1. Choose 2 units to interview with 2. Go to the event 3. Attend recruitment presentations 4. Meet with senior staff 5. Meet the managers on 2 units you selected 6. Interview with manager 7. Interview with peers 8. On the spot job offers

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why do you want to be a nurse on this unit? 2. How do you handle conflict? 3. What are your aspirations?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Interviews

Virginia Hospital Center Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Virginia Hospital Center as 70.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.86 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for New Grad RN and Patient Care Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Registered Nurse and Staff RN roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Virginia Hospital Center takes an average of 22 days when considering 72 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Patient Care Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Registered Nurse roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 28 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Virginia Hospital Center according to 72 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 17.86%