Virginia Hospital Center Manager/Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

Manager/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Online application resulted in telephone interview lasting 45 minutes

Selected to interview face to face with HR Recruitment and have professional references and photo ID. Interviewed with 2 recruiters and had a tour of the hospital, took over 2 hours. Both recruiters were warm, friendly, optimistic and appear to believe they work for the best organization.

After passing the face to face interviews with HR, I was scheduled for a Talent Plus telephone interview that lasted nearly 90 minutes asking questions to gauge if my personality would be suitable working at Virginia Hospital Center. Some of the questions were personal and I felt uncomfortable with the style of the telephone interview as well as some of the questions. The Talent Plus interviewer was very impersonal and fired off questions very quickly. Told the hospital recruiter would follow up within 48 hours, but they would never release the results of the Talent Plus interview to me or tell my why I was not considered for a position. Even if they hired me, they still do not share the Talent Plus interview results.

It's been weeks & no response from them. Has not checked references or background check.

The Virginia Hospital Center bases all hires on their personalities, not necessarily the persons skills, education, qualifications or experience. You are not permitted to meet with the hiring managers unless you pass the Talent Plus interview. Very frustrating to go through all the interviews and the personality tests and get no feedback at all. If you don't pass the Talent Plus test, you are barred from future employment at this hospital. All internal staff must go through the same process for advancement or transfers, if they don't pass the Talent Plus, they are never considered suitable for advancement.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle departmental conflicts?   Answer Question
  • What would your reaction be if you witnessed a patient punch a nurse in the hallway?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you saw a young child hammer his finger & he started crying?   Answer Question