Virginia Hospital Center Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Hospital Center Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Virginia Hospital Center

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center.

Interview

Long process took 3 weeks to a month. phone interview, then HR, then Manager, then peer interview (staff), then another phone survey/questionnaire/test. Each week was something new. I was lucky enough to get the face to face interviews done in one day. I've heard of some people taking two days.

Interview Questions

• If someone less deserving than you got employee of the month what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Virginia Hospital Center

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and met with the PCD and then had a peer interview right after that. I liked having the peer interview because in a way it also allowed me to be able to interview the unit and the people and see if it would be a good fit for both parties. After this they then decided to hire me and immediately took me to do a drug test. It was pretty convenient because I did not have to go to another facility or arrange to come back another day and use up another personal day from my work. Keep in mind to put aside about 2-3 hours to be safe for the interview especially if you are doing peer interview as well that day. The nurses are working so it does not always happen quickly and you might end up waiting about 15 minutes to start the peer interview but it is worth the wait to get to meet some of your future fellow nurses and techs.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager who asked me back questions Such as where do you see your self in five years etc. Then we went up to the nursing supervisor who told me a little about the unit and also asked basic clinical questions and experience. You are then to complete a talent plus interview and a staff interview. Pretty simple stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Horrible. Takes weeks to do, multiple interviews and you have to do "talent plus" which is a joke. You have to wait weeks in between interviews and you have no idea what is going on

Interview Questions

Virginia Hospital Center Response

Jan 21, 2016 – Recruitment Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. We appreciate your patience as you went through our lengthy hiring process. We include several steps to ensure that we hire the very best... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It was a long process. They had a New Grad Day (different day) where you could do a fast interview with their managers. I interviewed for two units, and got my second choice. They set up an interview with recruiter and then the nurse manager (same day), and then finally a peer interview (different day). The process was so long! lol You get a background check and drug test before being offered a position. I was offered a position, but declined. Nice hospital, but not in my top choice unit.

Interview Questions

• Why that unit? How did you handle a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

New Grad here: I was contacted by the talent agency and did a 20 minute interview on the phone. They asked me several questions: why they should hire me, what could i bring to the team, why the unit I chose, why did I like that field of nursing... Once that was finished, I was informed that they would like to have a 3 part in person interview. I had a 40 minute interview/crash course about important logistical aspects of the hospital (benefits, wages, health care). I had to provide 2 references, CPR card, License, my transcript, and when I received my nurses license. Then after that I had an interview with the nurse manager on the unit. She asked me several questions. Because she liked me I continued with on with a peer interview and spoke to 2 nurses on the unit which lasted 15 minutes. They told me about the unit and also asked me several questions. I was told that I would hear back from them in a week. I got a call the next day with a job offer. Being a new grad I was very excited to start my nursing career on the unit I wanted. New grads, please expect your starting pay to be $26 hourly, this is standard (but there is a night time differential). The interview process was long, but as long as you practice questions you should be fine. Show up prepared, dress professionally, and make sure you know how to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      1) What can you bring to the hospital?
      2) What are 3 qualities about yourself?
      3) Describe a difficult situation in nursing and how you resolved it?
      Nurse manager interview:
      4) What can you contribute to the nursing team?
      5) Why did you choose this field of nursing?
      6) Do you like day or night shift and why?
      7)What can you contribute to the team?
      -Why should we hire you?
      Peer Interview:
      8) Why ___ Unit?
      9) What can you bring to the team?
      10) Why did you choose nursing?
      11) Do you have any questions you would like to ask?
      My Questions to them:
      1) what is the patient population?
      2) what is the orientation process like?
      3) what benefits do you offer your employees?
      4) what qualities do you look for in potential employees?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia Hospital Center in February 2017.

Interview

It started out with their open event for new grads. You meet four hiring managers from the unit of choice and hope they call back. It's kind of like speed dating. 7 minutes to speak with 4 managers. Because I really wanted to interview with one unit that kept being preoccupied with other people wanted to be interviewed by the same manager as well, I squeezed in a brief introduction (which made it my fifth interview) and some information about myself. She wanted to know more, and called me back through Human Resources to set up a formal interview with her on her unit.

I was interviewed briefly by a recruiter who presented a packet of the benefits and other employee information. Took a walk to the unit hat I was going to have a formal interview by the hiring manager. A peer interview from several of the staff on the floor and then a brief orientation of the unit.

Do expect rotating days and nights as a new grad. Starting pay is 26.10

Great health benefits from what I read and heard from the facility.

I got the job right on the spot and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why this unit?
      What do you know about this facility?
      Tell me about a time you made a difference in someone's life?
      Why this facility compared to others in this area?   Answer Question