Virginia International University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.1

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia International University (Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Overall simply straight forward process. First I had a phone interview, then another one with VP in person. Questions asked were a little bit unprofessional. The interview began with traditional interview questions and some behavioral questions, but shifted to a kind of weird questions in the end. I thought that was because the VP was not professional recruiter or lacked experience of hiring people. Otherwise, everything went smoothly. Staffs were nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would your friend describe you?   1 Answer

Student Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia International University in December 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me a week after I filed the online application. A telephone interview was scheduled with the department head but the interviewer missed the appointment without notice. I had to contact HR myself to ask to be rescheduled.
    The interview was a skill review which lasted about twenty minutes. the interviewer seemed unprepared and had clearly not read through the resume before making the call.
    Questions asked were repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at VIU   1 Answer

Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia International University.

Interview

very quick, they don't ask too many questions.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia International University (Fairfax, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very Simple and straight forward process just want to make sure you have the comm skills to get the job done and they want to see if you can work in a hiearchy

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia International University (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick response about scheduling an in-person interview (no pre-screening email or phone call). Interview covered irrelevant questions and verged on being unprofessional. Did not fully respond to questions concerning work environment and culture, which suggests a disconnect between leadership and university employees. Followed up after interview and withdrew application.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia International University (Fairfax, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

They took 2 weeks to call back. I was Interviewed by three upper management in a group/panel. It takes about an hour. The call you back within a week if they want to offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• Experience with customer service? Experience in accounts payable/receivable? What do you think about diversity? Why di you want to work here?   1 Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia International University in October 2014.

Interview

I emailed the application materials, got a call 3+ days later to come in for an interview and do a test on MS Word and Excel. There are 2 interviewers, they seems to be nice. The university tends to like international people, due to their students' background, about 99.9% of their students are international.

Interview Questions

• Not very hard. Tell us about your previous job experience. How many languages do you speak? Can you work well under pressure and micro-management?   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Virginia International University (Fairfax, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

the interview was a pleasant experience. i was selected to be interviewed after a couple of phone calls. the admissions manager received me very well and was straight forward and asked meaningful questions. The job was offered to me, but i received a better offer from somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience with international students?   1 Answer

Instructor of Public Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia International University (Fairfax, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Apply online and if qualified, called in for an interview and teaching demo.

Negotiation

Things were really smooth and organized. It is a great institution to teach for part-time.

Adjunct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia International University (Fairfax, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

standard for faculty interview: you interview with the VP of academic affair and then do a teaching demo.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation