Virginia Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Other Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Interviewed with future colleagues. Had the opportunity to also observe future colleagues at work. Felt that all my questions were answered honestly. Also felt that my future colleagues were very engaged and enthusiastic about their work.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Virginia Mason that I find most appealing?   1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burien, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Burien, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

Career fair that was very unorganized. The interviewer was rude and showed entire disinterest while I was answering the interviewing questions. If you are looking to work for GROUP PETTY, this is your stop! I have never seen such unprofessional and unethical stunts until I interviewed with Virginia Mason... Good luck!

Interview Questions

Virginia Mason Response

Nov 9, 2018 – Strategic Recruitment Specialist

We appreciate you providing feedback on the career fair you attended, however, Virginia Mason has not held a career fair in the Burien area as we do not have a location in that part of the city... More

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason.

Interview

Initial phone interview, in-person interview with supervisor and manager, authorize background check (they check former employers and actually check the three references you use), call from recruiting to extend offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment to date?

What is something a person you worked with was better at than you?

How did you go above and beyond a customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. 1 phone interview then an in person one the following week. On the phone, I was asked simple background info of how I qualify for the position. We then moved onto a competency test on the phone just to see how will I could understand and follow directions. Pretty simple, but could definitely stump you if you are not a native English speaker. I advise you get out a laptop and take notes from the 5 sentences she will ask--then have her read one more time because she will ask specifics like "what gender is the patient I was talking about?" or "what kind of lab did I ask you to order?"

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Virginia Mason   1 Answer
    • What have you done in a situation where you did something wrong? How did you handle it? Did you admit fault, how?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

It only took a 30 min phone call from Human Resource about basic behavioral questions, and if interview goes well a second in person interview with the department supervisor is scheduled. Takes about 20-30 min, just research Virginia Mason interview questions and those were the questions I was exactly asked.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview. I was told I would be contacted by HR to proceed, and it took over two weeks. I called to check in and was told supervisor was not available to interview due to a sudden leave.

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee. Took awhile to receive notification of hire. The hiring process was easy and straight forward. Interview questions were mostly behavioral. Took a behavioral assessment then had the interview.

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a recruiter (I live out of state). Pretty standard interview, like 3 behavioral based questions. I did not get an offer, but they did a good job of keeping me up to date in the process.

Nurse Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason.

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter online and received an email from HR requesting to do a phone interview the next day. They asked a couple basic behavioral questions. After the interview I was told by the HR person that were going pass my resume on to the hiring manager who would make the decision about which candidates would get an in person interview. I received an email 3-4 days later that they were going to consider other candidates with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a patient?   Answer Question

Office Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason in January 2011.

Interview

1 Hour 1:1 with HR for a Phone interview was the first step. After this interview I contacted HR every three days to follow up. I was contacted about 2 weeks later for a 1:1 with hiring manager. That interview was very positive. HM was friendly and open to hear my opinions about the job role.