Virginia Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Virginia Mason

2.8

1. Featured Interview

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason in March 2020.

Interview

Fairly easy process, took a couple weeks from applying online to doing a phone interview with the nurse recruiter, then next a video review with the hiring unit managers. From there I waited about two weeks until I received an offer for a position that begins in late summer. Overall it was an fairly painless process and my recruiter, Jill, was amazing. She was so kind and answered all of my questions and is part of the reason I took the job. If the other staff are half as nice and guiding to new grads I'm sure I'll love this hospital!

Nurse Residency Program Interview

Interview

It was with 2 nurse managers. They were both super nice. They asked me mostly behavioral questions. I used a lot of clinical and work circumstances to answer these questions. They were very honest about the process.

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Normal interview questions, no tricky questions, questions about your past nursing experience, nothing too difficult, plan to be true and honest, be yourself. DO not try to impress. I really don't know what else to say.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in October 2020.

Interview

First interview was asking administrative questions and going over resume. Second interview was asking behavioral questions. There was a lot of questions and they wanted patient care examples for each. This interview was with direct supervisor and they asked a few more questions and I was able to ask more job-specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Specific examples of how I used time management, overcame language barriers, worked with patients with different cultural beliefs, organization, and asking personal strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Zoom interview and phone interview. Basic questions about experience and background info as well as decision making. Overall straight forward and direct not much a nurse can complain about. Nurse recruiter is very nice, kind and open. They did not discuss benefits thoroughly at time of interview

Interview Questions

• What is one time a patient had an unreasonable request?   Answer Question

Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in May 2020.

Interview

one phone interview with the HR followed by one on one interview with the manager, it was a pretty smooth process. great people to work with. excellent staff and working environment

Interview Questions

• what are you looking in this job?   1 Answer

Gift Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online via their website. Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then had a face to face interview with a manager. He was very pleasant and knowledge about the organization.

Interview Questions

• What databases do you know?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

For the interview Process, I went in and interviewed with three people. They ask about your life, goals, and job experience. They then ask your typical interview questions. AT the end they test your ability to take down a voice message as a handwritten note for medical staff.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you were faced with an upset patient, and how did you resolve that situation?   Answer Question

Microbiology Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Virginia Mason in November 2019.

Interview

After applying online I received an email to schedule a phone interview, which went on for about 30 minutes. It was definitely one of the more thorough phone interviews I've had. Afterwards I was told that they would get back to me within 3 business days, but received no reply past that. I later emailed for a follow up, but had no response.

Interview Questions

• What is a conflict you've had with a coworker, and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • What is a mistake you've made in the past, and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond customer expectations?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Virginia Mason?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Interview

Applied online with a resume and letter.
    Unable to speak to anyone about process.
    Was never even contacted although I had worked there previously for several years.
    For a health care organization, they sure don't seem to care. I wonder what Dr. Kaplan would think about this.