Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions

3.1

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

All communication and scheduling done through HR. They chose interview date based on several options I gave them. Traveled from out of town to interview. The day before I was told by HR that key people I was to meet with were not available and could I stay the weekend and meet with them on Monday. I received a negative reaction when I told them I could not because it would entail canceling patient appointments on short notice. Eventually had phone interview with head of Medicine.
    HR interactions could have been much better organized with regards to interview scheduling to avoid having disadvantage of not having opportunity to meet with key administration personnel in person.
    Notification of ultimately not being offered the job was very disorganized. The day after I received email of not being offered the job, I received another email from HR informing me the position was still open and am I still interested in the position (whoops!). Also cc'd on emails involving personal communication to administration during the process from other employees who were cc'd by mistake.
    Overall, as a mid-career physician highly experienced in the field of medicine for which VM was hiring, the process of interviewing for this position was a negative experience compared to other job search experiences I have had in terms of overall level of professionalism in communication.

Interview Questions

• They ask the usual things such as why VM, why Seattle, your strengths etc. They use Toyota management system which is discussed; I was familiar with concept having experience in Sigma 6 process improvement at another large hospital system.   Answer Question

Cerner Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter through linkedin. I was intrigued and liked what I researched about the organization.
    A week later was scheduled for Phone interview. I was rather disappointed with the questioning and you can pretty much pick up that they had someone else in mind.

Medical Assistant- Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Lynnwood, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. The lady was nice and just asked relatively simple questions at first about skill level, experience, etc. However, I would suggest thinking about your last or current jobs. Recall situations where you were in a confrontation of sorts and how you handled it or had to use your communication skills, etc. Knowing how to explain ways in which you handle stressful situations is good too! Also, I had to give examples of times I went above and beyond at work. They are hard questions if your a modest person. I didn't get the job because a few of these questions caught me off-guard but I do feel better prepared for next time!

Interview Questions

• Give examples of times I went above and beyond at work...   Answer Question

Health Information Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, email communications followed, and then telephone interview three weeks after applying. The telephone interviewer's first question was about salary. Other questions were standard for an interview. I was told I was being recommended to the managers and they would contact me within one week to set up a second in-person interview. I was never contacted regarding a second interview. Three weeks later I was notified by email that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   1 Answer
    • First question of the interview was about my requested salary.   1 Answer

Cerner MPage Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called me based on my experience at lunch. When I had another lunch to spare I talked to the hiring manager and he described a workplace environment that was part documenting the current software and part new development. All emails ceased after this initial discussion, and the hiring manager contacted me to let me know there was beuracratic overhead to opening the position and encouraged me again once the new requisition was out there.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences writing CCL and MPages.   1 Answer

Clinical Decision Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was first approached by an HR person, as it usually happens. She scheduled and interview for a few days later to "go over my resume". 5 minutes into the interview she asked me what my desired salary was. I answer this type of questions with something along the lines of "at this stage of the process I want to make sure I'm a great fit for the job bla bla bla". She insisted that there was no point in continuing the interview process if my ask was way out of range. I got a clear feeling that this wasn't going anywhere so I told her my ask. To which she answered "oh, that is way too much.". And that was the end of the interview. Not a single question about my resume.

Foundation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. . I made it to the second round of interviews. It was a panel with 5 people. I do believe that the panels were too long for this type of position.

Interview Questions

• What makes me a great manager??   1 Answer

Oracle Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

- Contacted by recruiter about the opportunity
    - Initial conversation with recruiter about HR related questions
    - Group phone interview with Manager & Business Analyst
    - Never heard back

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of standard questions. No personality from the recruiter and the phone interview was quite awkward.

Interview Questions

• So you don't have a degree?   1 Answer

Clinic Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview was great, received offer via email (which seemed odd) that was contingent upon background check. Filled out the paper work, and faxed back Friday.I recieved a call from a third party company doing the background check, regarding a phone number that was wrong (it actually wasn't wrong they were looking at the wrong line on the form). Later that day received a call from HR asking if I was still interested because they had not recvd my packet back, after telling her about the other call she said she would look for it some more. Two days later recvd another email saying they went with another canidate. I emailed back to ask if it was something in my background, and she said no the manager just decided to go with someone else. Very frustrating in the end, and a very impersonal process with all the emails.