Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application on June 6th for RN residency. Received an email to set up a phone interview the next day. Phone interview on the 14th. Panel interview on July 6th. Offered position on July 18th after following up with them on the 17th via phone call.
    The HR phone interviewer was really nice and asked only a couple behavioral questions. The panel interview was done over Skype since I live in Hawaii. That one was a little nerve wrecking since there was 6 people interviewing me. They asked the basic behavioral questions such as 'tell me a time when you had a difficult patient/conflict with your fellow employees' and where do you see yourself in 5 years. Make sure to ask some really good questions at the end when they give you a chance to ask them questions. Be enthusiastic about their hospital and smile into the webcam!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you felt disappointed with your care   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when your interventions were not going according to plan and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell Me a time of personal or professional change and how that affected you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Regulatory Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

All day interview process broken up into 30 minute to 1 hour segments with different departments. Interviews were held with the different departments that would be interacting with this position on a continual basis. It provided a great prospective on how the team works together and interacts with one another.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Initial phone interview, in-person interview with supervisor and manager, authorize background check (they check former employers and actually check the three references you use), call from recruiting to extend offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment to date?

What is something a person you worked with was better at than you?

How did you go above and beyond a customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application online. Received an email from a recruiter to schedule a screening phone interview. After the interview, I was scheduled for a panel interview via Skype since I was out of town. After the panel interview, I heard back from the recruiter that they decided to extend the offer for the RN Residency position.

Interview Questions

• Prepare to answer most of the generic nursing interview questions that you can find online. For example, "What made you want to become a nurse?", "Why do you want to work for Virginia Mason?", etc. Make sure you prepare your answers with your own experience and something that's coming out of your heart. :)   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

It only took a 30 min phone call from Human Resource about basic behavioral questions, and if interview goes well a second in person interview with the department supervisor is scheduled. Takes about 20-30 min, just research Virginia Mason interview questions and those were the questions I was exactly asked.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was intense and long, 9 interviews total and to my understanding is there would have been one or two more before the offer. I was a finalist, but no offer. The interview process was very professional, the interviewers were well prepared. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all fair and well thought out. I interviewed with several team members and they had all prepared together. So each covered specific topics and areas and each had everything written out so both candidates received similar questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was pretty typical, and was more conversational than usual. Questions were like, why are you interested in VM, what methods have you used to do your job, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the usual interview questions. There was nothing unique or creative.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in August 2016.

Interview

Call from recruiter (phone interview), if you get past them then an interview with your potential supervisors (I had 3 interviewing me). Then if you get hired they send you an email for the next steps.

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

All communication and scheduling done through HR. They chose interview date based on several options I gave them. Traveled from out of town to interview. The day before I was told by HR that key people I was to meet with were not available and could I stay the weekend and meet with them on Monday. I received a negative reaction when I told them I could not because it would entail canceling patient appointments on short notice. Eventually had phone interview with head of Medicine.
    HR interactions could have been much better organized with regards to interview scheduling to avoid having disadvantage of not having opportunity to meet with key administration personnel in person.
    Notification of ultimately not being offered the job was very disorganized. The day after I received email of not being offered the job, I received another email from HR informing me the position was still open and am I still interested in the position (whoops!). Also cc'd on emails involving personal communication to administration during the process from other employees who were cc'd by mistake.
    Overall, as a mid-career physician highly experienced in the field of medicine for which VM was hiring, the process of interviewing for this position was a negative experience compared to other job search experiences I have had in terms of overall level of professionalism in communication.

Interview Questions

• They ask the usual things such as why VM, why Seattle, your strengths etc. They use Toyota management system which is discussed; I was familiar with concept having experience in Sigma 6 process improvement at another large hospital system.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

I submitted an application after attending a job fair at VM. Quickly got a phone call requesting an interview from an HR rep. I was out of state, at the time, and had set up a phone interview with the director of the unit, that I have now been working on for years.