Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

2.7

Foundation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. . I made it to the second round of interviews. It was a panel with 5 people. I do believe that the panels were too long for this type of position.

Interview Questions

• What makes me a great manager??   1 Answer

Regulatory Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

All day interview process broken up into 30 minute to 1 hour segments with different departments. Interviews were held with the different departments that would be interacting with this position on a continual basis. It provided a great prospective on how the team works together and interacts with one another.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview. I was told I would be contacted by HR to proceed, and it took over two weeks. I called to check in and was told supervisor was not available to interview due to a sudden leave.

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a recruiter (I live out of state). Pretty standard interview, like 3 behavioral based questions. I did not get an offer, but they did a good job of keeping me up to date in the process.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was intense and long, 9 interviews total and to my understanding is there would have been one or two more before the offer. I was a finalist, but no offer. The interview process was very professional, the interviewers were well prepared. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all fair and well thought out. I interviewed with several team members and they had all prepared together. So each covered specific topics and areas and each had everything written out so both candidates received similar questions.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application on June 6th for RN residency. Received an email to set up a phone interview the next day. Phone interview on the 14th. Panel interview on July 6th. Offered position on July 18th after following up with them on the 17th via phone call.
    The HR phone interviewer was really nice and asked only a couple behavioral questions. The panel interview was done over Skype since I live in Hawaii. That one was a little nerve wrecking since there was 6 people interviewing me. They asked the basic behavioral questions such as 'tell me a time when you had a difficult patient/conflict with your fellow employees' and where do you see yourself in 5 years. Make sure to ask some really good questions at the end when they give you a chance to ask them questions. Be enthusiastic about their hospital and smile into the webcam!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you felt disappointed with your care   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when your interventions were not going according to plan and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell Me a time of personal or professional change and how that affected you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application online. Received an email from a recruiter to schedule a screening phone interview. After the interview, I was scheduled for a panel interview via Skype since I was out of town. After the panel interview, I heard back from the recruiter that they decided to extend the offer for the RN Residency position.

Interview Questions

• Prepare to answer most of the generic nursing interview questions that you can find online. For example, "What made you want to become a nurse?", "Why do you want to work for Virginia Mason?", etc. Make sure you prepare your answers with your own experience and something that's coming out of your heart. :)   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Initial phone interview, in-person interview with supervisor and manager, authorize background check (they check former employers and actually check the three references you use), call from recruiting to extend offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment to date?

What is something a person you worked with was better at than you?

How did you go above and beyond a customer's expectations?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in August 2016.

Interview

Call from recruiter (phone interview), if you get past them then an interview with your potential supervisors (I had 3 interviewing me). Then if you get hired they send you an email for the next steps.

Other Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Interviewed with future colleagues. Had the opportunity to also observe future colleagues at work. Felt that all my questions were answered honestly. Also felt that my future colleagues were very engaged and enthusiastic about their work.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Virginia Mason that I find most appealing?   1 Answer