Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.7

Clinical Decision Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was first approached by an HR person, as it usually happens. She scheduled and interview for a few days later to "go over my resume". 5 minutes into the interview she asked me what my desired salary was. I answer this type of questions with something along the lines of "at this stage of the process I want to make sure I'm a great fit for the job bla bla bla". She insisted that there was no point in continuing the interview process if my ask was way out of range. I got a clear feeling that this wasn't going anywhere so I told her my ask. To which she answered "oh, that is way too much.". And that was the end of the interview. Not a single question about my resume.

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Met with Department Team(physicians and office manager), CEO was busy that day(really?)

Interview Questions

• Most were straight forward. Nothing out of the norm. Why Seattle? Are you a team player? etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for signing bonus.

Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Was called once by HR and told I would make $23/hr so I said no thanks. Then got called a couple months later asking again if I wanted to interview. I did, and they then offered me $26.70/hr (don't think they knew they had previously called). Got hired, then it took another 6 weeks or so until I could actually start.

Interview Questions

• typical dietitian interview questions -- "tell me about a time when such-and-such happened and describe your response."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I asked for a higher wage and they said no.

Pct Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Initial interview by phone, in person interview sat up that day for four days later. Heard back about decision to move forward with background/reference checks two days after the in person interview. Background completed within a week with lots of communication from recruiters about the status of the checks. Job offered by phone and offer letters sent out. Best part of the process was the speediness and the communication from recruiters. Entire process from application to start day was about a month. Fastest process I've ever experienced for a patient care position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was very pleased with the offer I received and did not want to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was pretty typical, and was more conversational than usual. Questions were like, why are you interested in VM, what methods have you used to do your job, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the usual interview questions. There was nothing unique or creative.   Answer Question

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very informal, interviewed with nurse manager and nurse educator. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and there weren't too many hypothetical questions. I can't speak to all departments being like this, but it was what I experienced in the 2 different departments I've worked as an RN with VM.

Social Work Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

I already worked there and I interveiwed with the head of the department.I was on an RPIW that created this
    job. I like the sound of it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an idea what this job will intail.   Answer Question
    • This being a newly created job there will be a lot of ajustments and quick changes.Do you think u will be able to handle that and how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy as I knew the interviewer. Wait a day before saying nay or yea.

Clinic Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview was great, received offer via email (which seemed odd) that was contingent upon background check. Filled out the paper work, and faxed back Friday.I recieved a call from a third party company doing the background check, regarding a phone number that was wrong (it actually wasn't wrong they were looking at the wrong line on the form). Later that day received a call from HR asking if I was still interested because they had not recvd my packet back, after telling her about the other call she said she would look for it some more. Two days later recvd another email saying they went with another canidate. I emailed back to ask if it was something in my background, and she said no the manager just decided to go with someone else. Very frustrating in the end, and a very impersonal process with all the emails.

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Casual and nonthreatening, very low-key. I was interviewed by my immediate supervisor onlyi. She was a marvelous person, had wonderful appreciation for our profession and treated me with respect. We talked about many aspects of our chosen career pathway.

Interview Questions

• None--my superior went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable and treated me with great respect and appreciation for my skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotation was needed, I was offered a fair salary and I took it. I received catch-up raises within 3 months until my pay was very fair, even generous.

Office Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in January 2011.

Interview

1 Hour 1:1 with HR for a Phone interview was the first step. After this interview I contacted HR every three days to follow up. I was contacted about 2 weeks later for a 1:1 with hiring manager. That interview was very positive. HM was friendly and open to hear my opinions about the job role.