Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Initial phone interview, in-person interview with supervisor and manager, authorize background check (they check former employers and actually check the three references you use), call from recruiting to extend offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment to date?

What is something a person you worked with was better at than you?

How did you go above and beyond a customer's expectations?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in August 2016.

Interview

Call from recruiter (phone interview), if you get past them then an interview with your potential supervisors (I had 3 interviewing me). Then if you get hired they send you an email for the next steps.

Other Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Interviewed with future colleagues. Had the opportunity to also observe future colleagues at work. Felt that all my questions were answered honestly. Also felt that my future colleagues were very engaged and enthusiastic about their work.

Interview Questions

• What is it about Virginia Mason that I find most appealing?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was pretty typical, and was more conversational than usual. Questions were like, why are you interested in VM, what methods have you used to do your job, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the usual interview questions. There was nothing unique or creative.   Answer Question

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

All communication and scheduling done through HR. They chose interview date based on several options I gave them. Traveled from out of town to interview. The day before I was told by HR that key people I was to meet with were not available and could I stay the weekend and meet with them on Monday. I received a negative reaction when I told them I could not because it would entail canceling patient appointments on short notice. Eventually had phone interview with head of Medicine.
    HR interactions could have been much better organized with regards to interview scheduling to avoid having disadvantage of not having opportunity to meet with key administration personnel in person.
    Notification of ultimately not being offered the job was very disorganized. The day after I received email of not being offered the job, I received another email from HR informing me the position was still open and am I still interested in the position (whoops!). Also cc'd on emails involving personal communication to administration during the process from other employees who were cc'd by mistake.
    Overall, as a mid-career physician highly experienced in the field of medicine for which VM was hiring, the process of interviewing for this position was a negative experience compared to other job search experiences I have had in terms of overall level of professionalism in communication.

Interview Questions

• They ask the usual things such as why VM, why Seattle, your strengths etc. They use Toyota management system which is discussed; I was familiar with concept having experience in Sigma 6 process improvement at another large hospital system.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

I submitted an application after attending a job fair at VM. Quickly got a phone call requesting an interview from an HR rep. I was out of state, at the time, and had set up a phone interview with the director of the unit, that I have now been working on for years.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. 1 phone interview then an in person one the following week. On the phone, I was asked simple background info of how I qualify for the position. We then moved onto a competency test on the phone just to see how will I could understand and follow directions. Pretty simple, but could definitely stump you if you are not a native English speaker. I advise you get out a laptop and take notes from the 5 sentences she will ask--then have her read one more time because she will ask specifics like "what gender is the patient I was talking about?" or "what kind of lab did I ask you to order?"

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Virginia Mason   1 Answer
    • What have you done in a situation where you did something wrong? How did you handle it? Did you admit fault, how?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Cerner Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter through linkedin. I was intrigued and liked what I researched about the organization.
    A week later was scheduled for Phone interview. I was rather disappointed with the questioning and you can pretty much pick up that they had someone else in mind.

Medical Assistant- Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Lynnwood, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. The lady was nice and just asked relatively simple questions at first about skill level, experience, etc. However, I would suggest thinking about your last or current jobs. Recall situations where you were in a confrontation of sorts and how you handled it or had to use your communication skills, etc. Knowing how to explain ways in which you handle stressful situations is good too! Also, I had to give examples of times I went above and beyond at work. They are hard questions if your a modest person. I didn't get the job because a few of these questions caught me off-guard but I do feel better prepared for next time!

Interview Questions

• Give examples of times I went above and beyond at work...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview one week later. Relatively easy and low pressure. They actually spend more time telling me about the organization than asking me about myself.