Virginia Mason Physician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Mason Physician Interview Questions

Interviews at Virginia Mason

Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Met with Department Team(physicians and office manager), CEO was busy that day(really?)

Interview Questions

• Most were straight forward. Nothing out of the norm. Why Seattle? Are you a team player? etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for signing bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for Virginia Mason

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

All communication and scheduling done through HR. They chose interview date based on several options I gave them. Traveled from out of town to interview. The day before I was told by HR that key people I was to meet with were not available and could I stay the weekend and meet with them on Monday. I received a negative reaction when I told them I could not because it would entail canceling patient appointments on short notice. Eventually had phone interview with head of Medicine.
    HR interactions could have been much better organized with regards to interview scheduling to avoid having disadvantage of not having opportunity to meet with key administration personnel in person.
    Notification of ultimately not being offered the job was very disorganized. The day after I received email of not being offered the job, I received another email from HR informing me the position was still open and am I still interested in the position (whoops!). Also cc'd on emails involving personal communication to administration during the process from other employees who were cc'd by mistake.
    Overall, as a mid-career physician highly experienced in the field of medicine for which VM was hiring, the process of interviewing for this position was a negative experience compared to other job search experiences I have had in terms of overall level of professionalism in communication.

Interview Questions

• They ask the usual things such as why VM, why Seattle, your strengths etc. They use Toyota management system which is discussed; I was familiar with concept having experience in Sigma 6 process improvement at another large hospital system.   Answer Question