Virginia Mason Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Mason Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Virginia Mason

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason.

Interview

I submitted an application after attending a job fair at VM. Quickly got a phone call requesting an interview from an HR rep. I was out of state, at the time, and had set up a phone interview with the director of the unit, that I have now been working on for years.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Virginia Mason

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application on June 6th for RN residency. Received an email to set up a phone interview the next day. Phone interview on the 14th. Panel interview on July 6th. Offered position on July 18th after following up with them on the 17th via phone call.
    The HR phone interviewer was really nice and asked only a couple behavioral questions. The panel interview was done over Skype since I live in Hawaii. That one was a little nerve wrecking since there was 6 people interviewing me. They asked the basic behavioral questions such as 'tell me a time when you had a difficult patient/conflict with your fellow employees' and where do you see yourself in 5 years. Make sure to ask some really good questions at the end when they give you a chance to ask them questions. Be enthusiastic about their hospital and smile into the webcam!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you felt disappointed with your care   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when your interventions were not going according to plan and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell Me a time of personal or professional change and how that affected you   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application online. Received an email from a recruiter to schedule a screening phone interview. After the interview, I was scheduled for a panel interview via Skype since I was out of town. After the panel interview, I heard back from the recruiter that they decided to extend the offer for the RN Residency position.

Interview Questions

• Prepare to answer most of the generic nursing interview questions that you can find online. For example, "What made you want to become a nurse?", "Why do you want to work for Virginia Mason?", etc. Make sure you prepare your answers with your own experience and something that's coming out of your heart. :)   1 Answer