Virginia Tech Interview Questions in Blacksburg, VA | Glassdoor

2.6

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty simple if you are a student and it did not take much to get hired. As long as you have the proper documentation, you will probably be hired.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

15 minutes Phone interview followed by an hour onsite interview. There was a 4 member panel. Couple of technical questions and general questions on challenges, strengths and weaknesses, expectations. it was a relaxing environment and they explained benefits and the project i would be working on.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

They contacted me for an in person email one day after i applied. They were quite flexible on letting me come in a week later after my midterms were done because they understood how stressful it can get. I came in and we talked about my classes and then got into the interview. The interview itself was very laid back and I felt comfortable talking to them.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

No formal interview, just regular applications. Then got the official offer early April in 2011. Macro program is much easier and better....
    NA
    Resume is important and not sure how they pick up the candidates

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

The overall hiring process was smooth. I had an in-office interview with two staff members and a week later was given an offer for the job. The interview consisted of a fairly lengthy list of questions but nothing too difficult to answer.

Food Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

Fairly generic questions read from a list, I was fairly sure that I already had the job before the interview started due to my previous manager's recommendation that I submit and application. Thought on my feet during the interview, didn't need to prepare anything. Just make sure you can remember general questions like "greatest weakness" or "a time you gave great customer service," etc. Also be sure to know certain sanitation standards.

Interview Questions

• The most specialized information I had to provide was in response to questions about sanitation eg. "To what temperature must raw chicken be cooked to be safe for consumption?"   Answer Question

Audiovisual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

A general skills phone interview was followed by an in person interview. I described my experience and how I thought I would be a good fit. I was asked about my experience with computer and audiovisual technology and how to troubleshoot AV systems. Another important interview area was interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• Connect a laptop, Blu-Ray Player, document camera, and projector to a Crestron control system.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

Applied online. After about 4 months I received a call to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview the process moved quickly. Invited to campus for a half-day interview with the supervisor and several co-workers. Several questions were the same within each separate group. Each group interview was in a different location so I was moving around a lot throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about work environment. I was at a private employer and they wanted to know my thoughts about transitioning to a higher education environment.   Answer Question

Sound and Media Designer/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a campus visit. The campus visit interview process occupied a full day starting with a breakfast with some of the faculty, a meeting with the performing arts director, a one-hour presentation, a meeting with the department chair, a meeting with the search committee, a campus tour, and ending with dinner with more faculty/staff.

Interview Questions

• How do you integrate your professional experience into your teaching?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was more like a recruitment meeting than an interview, where the department gathered the best candidates, and were trying to convince them to join the program. It wasn't until late in that afternoon, that we had a short meeting were they actually asked a few questions and presented their offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in our program?   1 Answer