Virginia Transformer Corp. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virginia Transformer Corp. Interview Questions

3.1

**Senior Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. (Pocatello, ID).

Interview

Very cool, it was communicated that there will be 3-4 rounds of interview and the approximate time was communicated in the beginning itself. They took care of the comfort and also offered juices and snacks.

Interview Questions

• What are my career aspirations? And Reason for changing the job and related to work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Odd,
    Contacted by a senior HR Manager who said he found my resume on line and that I would be a "perfect fit for the role".
    We spoke on the phone and he re-iterated the same comments and wanted my availability (dates and times) for an on-site meeting and that he would be getting back to me that same week or early the next.
    I never heard back. Tried several times to contact the company about next steps or feedback to no avail. Sent an angry note to several of the company officers which finally prompted a response form the HR Manager stating that they were still interest in me as a candidate, that was about three months ago.

Please do not misunderstand, I acknowledge that any company is free to employ whomever they choose in whatever role they choose, I do however find it difficult to accept that a Senior Manager who initiated this discussion, is unresponsive in providing even the most basic follow-up or feedback. If there was something limiting in my background or experience I would prefer to be made aware of it or perhaps there is some error that needs to be corrected, I would certainly appreciate that feedback so as to better prepare for the next opportunity or make the necessary corrections, at the very least, a response stating that you had decided to go in a different direction should not have been too much to expect and what should be considered a professional curtesy at the most basic level?
    As it stands I can only surmise that VA Transformer has a number of intensely inept people in their employ.

Interview Questions

• Extensive per my resume and experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp..

Interview

Horrible the HR Supervisor spoke ill willed of the corporation. They left me in the room for 30 minutes with no one to check on me. They spoke negatively in regards to the managers! Everyone looked sad and depressed. They asked me very little about how I felt or what I knew.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp..

Interview

Pretty standard interview, although when I asked about the benefits package the HR person changed the subject. After starting with the company, I knew why. It's because the benefits are terrible.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

The interview process started off as if they were confused about where I would fit. I met with HR through an open house and indicated that I was interested in working in operations. The first person I met with was the technical manager who after reviewing my resume in front of me for what appeared to be the first time he looked at it, proceeded to talk to HR and ended that part of the interview.
    I was then interview by a team of four people. The questions were typical with one interviewer who seemed to be testing me more than trying to learn my personal style, which was clear since after I answered one of his questions he told me that was the correct answer (which I already knew).

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly standard. There were many questions where they asked to tell me about a time when you demonstrated this skill. Often I felt like I had already demonstrated that in a previous example, but came up with another example that fit just as well.   Answer Question

It was a low ball offer with no benifits. This is a company that brags about being an engineering company that manufactures, but they have minimal interest in engineering their manufacturing process. They have recently stated that they want to attract top talent in a new paper article, but this offer was clearly the opposite of that.

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. (Roanoke, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

My first contact was an initial phone call with questions in regards to my resume and I was asked to come in for an interview. On the day of interviewing I was met at the door with no waits. During the interview I was interviewed by two people. The interview was about 20 minutes long. It was followed up two days letter with on offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous positions, my likes and dislikes, my weaknesses and strengths, my expectations of a new position and salary expectations.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp..

Interview

Normal hiring and interview process

n/a

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. (Pocatello, ID) in May 2012.

Interview

If you are looking for work in Pocatello, and you are going to be interviewed by Rakesh (he's from India), be forewarned that he likes to ask specific technical engineering questions. My first interview, he was an hour late before seeing me, and he kicked me out the door within five minutes of meeting me. (I have no idea what I did wrong, but he didn't like me). Eight months later, I applied again and he hired me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to define stress and strain, and I was asked what one standard atmosphere is in english units (14.7 lbs). Another engineer I know was asked to define Reynold's number.   Answer Question

Negotiation

VTC moves relatively quickly through the hiring phase. You should get an answer to whether or not they liked you within a day or two of your interview.

Design and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. (Pocatello, ID) in February 2012.

Interview

Hiring is done by referral process, job portal mostly. Subject knowledge is important. First round of interview on telephonic. 2nd is a technical round. 3rd is the HR round. For leadership level its the global HR head who takes the interview. Interview is not very difficult however need to prepare yourself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. in October 2011.

Interview

was rushed, the president hired me not my boss