Virtua Health Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virtua Health Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Virtua Health

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health in July 2014.

Interview

I had my first interview as a New Grad RN with Virtua today. I was extremely nervous about what kind of questions would be asked and if I was the candidate they were looking for. When I walked in I was greeted by a smiling secretary who had complimented my tie. That small compliment took away a great deal of anxiety. She had a packet waiting for me with information about the job and the benefits. I sat down and the kind secretary handed me an iPad where I read through some general information about Virtua and the job description for which I was applying for. After that, I watched a short video about Virtua. Then, the recruiter came out and greeted me warmly as we walked into the interview room. We sat down and made small talk which also helped relieve a lot of anxiety. Next, I handed her a copy of my resume and the process begun. I had prepared myself days before for any kinds of interview questions that may come up, but I felt that her questions were not nearly as bad as some that I had researched. She was very down to earth and made me feel comfortable and excited to be there throughout the entire interview. After maybe 10 questions were asked about my clinical and work experiences and how I had handled some difficult situations with co-workers/customers, she said she wanted me to move forward with the interview process. This was the best news/gift I could have received on my birthday! The recruiter then looked up the schedule of the Nursing Director of the unit I was applying for to set up an interview with her the following week. All-in-all, I had a great first interview experience with Virtua.

Interview Questions

• "What was the most meaningful advice given to you from a co-worker?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Virtua Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

After emailing a few recruiters, I got called for an interview for a RN position. I met with a recruiter and was asked questions about why I want to work there/felt like a good fit for the company and also situational questions such as describe a time when you... Overall I felt very comfortable with the recruiter and she was extremely informative and straightforward regarding the position. Before the interview was over I was scheduled for my next interview with the nurse manager (hence why I do not have an offer yet).

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of something your clinical instructor said you were lacking or needed to work on. It took me some time to remember back to my rotations and what my instructors had said in my evaluations.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Virtua Health in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I submitted my resume and I was initially impressed; they seemed very efficient and organized. The first interview with HR went well. I liked the recruiter and I was very excited for the next phase (manager interview). Things went down hill from there. The manager had no idea I was coming the day of. She answered personal phone calls during the interview and her office was a mess! She also didn't give me many opportunities to discuss my skills and there were times I had to interrupt her just to get a word in. I felt like she talked at me instead of with me. I thought maybe this was a fluke, but when I came in for a staff interview the following week, it was too busy to ask the staff a lot of questions. I finally heard back from Virtua 3 weeks later telling me I didn't get the job, but within that time frame, I had already interviewed with another hospital, accepted their offer, and completed my pre-employment physical and paperwork. I'm not sure what the other units are like at Virtua and I do feel bad leaving a negative review, but my experience was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you leaving your position at your current hospital to come work for us?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Marlton, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I applied to Virtua and within a few hours I received a phone call to set up an interview. This was my first interview for a nursing job and I was nervous, as expected, but the nurse recruiter I interviewed with made me feel very comfortable. I was very grateful for that. Everyone in the office was very welcoming and nice. It was a great first experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a nurse?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health in June 2015.

Interview

When I arrived everyone was very friendly and pleasant. I immediately felt comfortable. Beverly Chambers was great! She asked a variety of questions and was able to answer all of my questions. Next, I met with Kelly Warren, a unit manager. She was wonderful! Throughout the interview she was engaging and gave me excellent examples of what is expected in the position.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Virtua's Career Center staff was incredibly kind and welcoming. They provided me a folder with information about the position and Virtua as a whole. They also had me watch a short intro video about Virtua and it's mission. The nurse recruiter made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. At times it felt as if we were just having a regular day conversation. Overall, my interview experience went great and I look forward to hearing back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed or had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you work to resolve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Great directions and very informative. Everything is done efficiently and expeditiously. The interview was painless because everyone was so professional. The environment is very relaxing and friendly. I was offered my choice of tea or coffee pre-interview. I was given time to review information about the company on an Ipad. This was helpful information. I walked away with more information about the company and an even greater appreciation for all of the employee benefits offered. Overall, a very well oiled machine!!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I previously spoke with an HR representative. I was contacted quickly after my application was submitted, and was scheduled for an interview just a few days later. The interview with the HR recruiter was very professional. She made me feel extremely comfortable and was easy to talk to and ask questions. She was very transparent when speaking about the interview process and the next steps. I really appreciated the professionalism of everyone in the office that I interacted with. Overall, It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions included past work experience, standard what would you do in this situation questions, and questions about where I see myself in the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Straight forward process, contacted by recruiter via telephone to schedule an interview. Interviewed following week at career center. All communication and instructions given were clear and easy to follow, a folder was given with the job description. The people at the front desk of the career center and the recruiter herself were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why virtua, describe difficult patient situation, describe a disagreement or conflict with coworker and how you worked to resolve it   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtua Health.

Interview

Greeted by the secretary, who was very pleasant. Watched a brief video on virtua and their mission. Meet with recruiter, shawna. Interview went very well, all my questions were answered appropriately and thoroughly. Looking forward to follow up interview!

Interview Questions

• Explain your past work history and experiences   1 Answer