Virtual Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

3.1

Software Summer 2017 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR team and interview was scheduled. i was asked two questions by two different interviewers. The first question was an array simple hashing question and the second one was about copy of a graph. we then had a long chat as to what they wanted to ask me on my resume and thats about it.

Interview Questions

• Write the algorithm to copy a graph   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments (Scotts Valley, CA).

Interview

In the December 2009, i have applied resume on the company website. The hiring manager is contacting me for schedule 1:1. After 1:1 with QA manager, next level with QA team. After that coffee with a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Virtualisation, Storage, and System administration experience. QA process and automation.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments.

Interview

Interviewer just asked two white boarding questions in the first interview which are about 20 - 30 mins. In the second interview, another interviewer ask one medium white boarding question. The second interview is about 20 -30 mins.

Interview Questions

• first phone interview: ask easy level white boarding question, and the other is data structure question
      second phone interview: ask medium level white boarding question
      Overall interview experience is very good, professional, efficient.
      Answer Question

Manager Engineering Software Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments in July 2015.

Interview

Internal Recruiter setup an onsite interview. The interview process involved filling an application form onsite before the interview began. The interviewer was very polite and he introduced himself and his role. The interviewer gave a tour of the facility showcasing various labs and described various products being developed. Then he started asking about my background and interests followed by some generic questions on manager's role.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through College Career Portal. Got email from Recruiter to Schedule Telephone technical interview. I was asked to write a code. Screen was shared. The interviewer asked me about my interests. He explained about what company is doing and what would be my role as a intern.
    Telephone interview was scheduled for 1 hour. It got wrapped up in 30 minutes. I was prepared for basic algo and java questions.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a String
      Reverse the Words in the string(Eg: This is a review ..review is a this)
      Asked to implement recursive method as well.
      Answer Question

I cleared the interview and was called onsite. But then i had an more exciting offer, so didn't go for Onsite interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume in the beginning of winter quarter at the career fair, got a call from the HR within 2 weeks and was told to book a slot for the on-campus interview, they might even ask for your expected salary. 30 min 1-1 interview with a s/w dev manager.

Interview Questions

• linked list question from cracking the coding interview   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments in March 2015.

Interview

Met at college career fair, given one problem to solve onsite, data structure and algorithm question. Passed, got phone call after two weeks. It's on campus interview, one on one white board problem solving, data structure and algorithm question.

Interview Questions

• White board problem, similar to facebook, google interview questions. Did not get Java questions, and OS questions like others post on glassdoor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments in March 2015.

Interview

Met the engineers in the career fair held in the university. The engineers quizzed about Java basics.
    Got a call for an on campus interview a week later. The on campus interview was white board algorithmic.

Senior Developer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtual Instruments (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The whole interview process took about 3 weeks. The recruiting team was so to respond. It was tough coordinating the interview schedules with the engineers schedules. They did provide lunch. Location was convenient.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave. What opportunities are you seeking.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview then got onsite. 5-person team, about a day's interview. Questions covers java basics, coding and fibonacci series. One of person is missing from the panel so the phone interviewer walked in and filled in. He seems unprepared. They all sound nice.