Virtusa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hartford, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

My negative experience related to few following things:
    1 They promise BUT DID NOT cover my travel expenses for F2F interview.
    2 They initially says Java Architect but in F2F its converted magically to Technical Lead
    3 They decline my candidature because i'm green card holder. What actually was in my resume and initial conversation.

Business Analyst Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

All the typical behavioral questions . First by someone in HR,then by someone in a similar position.

I wasn't able to go in on the proposed date for the final in-person interview. Another date was proposed but there was little/no follow up for a few months, and when there was follow up at the end, they said they couldn't work out a time for me to come in (meaning they filled the available positions while the firm is saying you're coming in to interview)

The recruiting process seems very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a two engineers then with a executive. I thought the interviews went well but was never contact either way about the position. I understand not getting hired but not even an email to let someone know that status is unacceptable to me. So I would not recommend applying here.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about your experiences in IT nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa in April 2016.

Interview

Fake job postings for processing the green card of their internal employee. They will waste your time and effort . Stay away from this company unless you are out of job and you have the whole time in world.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much Very Casual. Where do I live, how do I commute, etc. etc... From these questions itself I could sense that these guys don't have any intention to hire   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY).

Interview

First had a phone screening with HR. Then a second phone screening. Was told I was invited to hiring day. WEEKS LATER finally received a date for hiring day. There were 4 30 minute interviews, all which were casual and mostly about getting to know me. The HR one was the worst (surprise). 4 weeks later, I was finally given a response. Get your logistics straightened out, I already have an offer somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about the powerpoint we sent you? What was your favorite part?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a first round interview with a recruiter, waiting 4 weeks for them to get back to me, then had another interview with someone on the team, waited 8 weeks for a response, and then finally they scheduled me for an in person interview with 4 different people in their New York office for two weeks later. The interviews themselves weren't that hard--just talking about yourself and your experiences, but what really put me off was how awful they were at getting back to me. It's been about 6 weeks since that last interview and they haven't gotten back to me (although I've already accepted an offer somewhere else).

The in person interviews were great--the people were really nice and we connected on both a professional and personal level, but I think HR needs some work in their logistics.

Senior Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa (Westborough, MA).

Interview

Interview depends on their need.. If they feel as if billing is lost.. then consider yourself as lucky.. You are in .. If they feel as they want to make a margin.. then even though you perform real good they look for the one who quotes for less.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Met during a career conference and was invited for a phone interview about two weeks later. The interview consisted of a panel of 3 people who were all very professional and friendly. The interview went great and I was contacted by the company a week later to schedule a face to face interview in New York. I was given a list of dates to choose from but they all fell on dates that conflicted with my schedule for finals. I was not able to negotiate a change in my finals schedule so I asked if I could come to New York after my finals. I was given a new set of dates to pick out and I sent in an email confirming my choice. Now here is where I'll admit I made a mistake that any recent graduate should take note of. Most companies will confirm that you are scheduled for a time and place to meet at. In the original set of dates I was given the company's address and the time slots for the interview. So after sending my last email I simply assumed the same time slots and address were the same for this new date as they were for the last set of dates so I added them to my schedule. What I did not get was a time. So the night before the interview I decided to double check the address and time with the original email and I noted that I did not receive an emailed confirmation of an appointment I typically received for interviews in the past. So I decided the email my contact in the company to confirm everything and to tell them I was excited to come in. Unfortunately just as I arrived at company's office I received an email stating that in fact none of the managers were in the office that day and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. I was pretty bummed by this but realized that mistakes do happen and I should take it in stride. So I replied that I understood and stated that I was at the address at that time and if I could possibly come and see the office and also if we could reschedule. After this point I did not receive any more replies from the company and after emailing my contact one more time decided that I was probably better off looking at other opportunities.

I can understand that at times in a large company some scheduling errors can occur but simply not responding to my emails afterwards is completely unacceptable. I can accept and sympathize with scheduling mistakes but the fact that I wasn't given any information about rescheduling or a reimbursement for the transportation costs of coming into New York, gives me a great deal of pause about recommending this company to others.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was purely behavioral, know yourself and tell your story and you should be fine   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

HR screening, then respective manager interview, group interview with few leaders, then finally a SBU head interview.

Interview Questions

• How your personal network can influence the growth of business at Virtusa......   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

Only one interview at school. I was told to have a three months training and to travel 80% of the time. No office for employees to stay. When working, employees are working at the clients' offices. Monday through Thursday at clients' office, and on Friday, at home.

Interview Questions

• Assuming you are in a team, what will you do to persuade other team members if they think you are wrong but you believe you are right?   Answer Question