Virtusa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Couple of Skype rounds .

THEY GAVE OFFER BUT NEVER CALLED. Whole process went for 1+ month for a position in Columbus Feb 17.
    I declined another company's offer because of this compan's offer. After acepting the offer, background check and submitting visa transfer documentation. They stopped responding to my email and calls. After a week followup i was told "position is on hold and we will let you know if any openings" thats it. No other sympathy words etc.., I lost 45 days because of this company. My suggestion is keep searching or donot loose other offers when you are in the process of switching to this company !!! Beware of VirtusaPolaris !!

This shows how low this company is !!

Interview Questions

• Couple of skype techincal rounds on devops tools.   1 Answer

Java Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hartford, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

My negative experience related to few following things:
    1 They promise BUT DID NOT cover my travel expenses for F2F interview.
    2 They initially says Java Architect but in F2F its converted magically to Technical Lead
    3 They decline my candidature because i'm green card holder. What actually was in my resume and initial conversation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Lengthy, multiple interviews with various people. Interviews were hard and very technical. But question any technical person should know the answer to. Seemed a little lengthy to me the whole process.

Business Analyst Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

All the typical behavioral questions . First by someone in HR,then by someone in a similar position.

I wasn't able to go in on the proposed date for the final in-person interview. Another date was proposed but there was little/no follow up for a few months, and when there was follow up at the end, they said they couldn't work out a time for me to come in (meaning they filled the available positions while the firm is saying you're coming in to interview)

The recruiting process seems very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a two engineers then with a executive. I thought the interviews went well but was never contact either way about the position. I understand not getting hired but not even an email to let someone know that status is unacceptable to me. So I would not recommend applying here.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about your experiences in IT nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa in April 2016.

Interview

Fake job postings for processing the green card of their internal employee. They will waste your time and effort . Stay away from this company unless you are out of job and you have the whole time in world.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much Very Casual. Where do I live, how do I commute, etc. etc... From these questions itself I could sense that these guys don't have any intention to hire   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone call follwed by F2F.
    Phone call: 30 mins
    Asked about my challenging tasks that I had accomplished so far, for 15 mins. Next 15mins, is just behavioral FAQs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

the first round is an Aptitude test, followed by a Programming test in which you are given one programming challenge to solve in the computer. This is followed by 1:1 Technical and HR rounds. The interview rounds were about 15 min each and very not of great difficulty. The technical questions are of intermedaite level and require a good understanding of programming. The HR round wasn't conducted in a cubicle instead, I walked around the campus with the HR manager while he interviewed me. Overall it was a great interview. The results were out the next morning.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process with mainly behavioral questions. They want to make sure you are sharp enough to pick things up in a corporate environment. The work is in the financial services industry so that is something they will ask you about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you faced adversity and how did you change it into a positive experience?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa in November 2015.

Interview

Initial 45 minute phone screening, then another 45 minute phone interview if you pass. After that, 3 1 hr onsite interviews. If you pass that, you have ANOTHER 3 1 hr interviews at their headquarters. Its too much for an entry level position if you ask me. I didnt even have questions for the last round interviewers because of how many interviews I had with them.

The travelling was also an issue. The people who arranged it clearly didnt care for how we got there, booking me some of the earilest flights or trains I've ever had to take. They dont book your cabs from the airport to their headquarters...
    The cab rides added up to 200+ for the last round of interviews alone.

Interview Questions

• Case studies to see how you think, how you communicate, analyze etc.   Answer Question