Virtusa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (Windsor, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an HR screening, a technical interview over the phone, a panel interview onsite, and a followup panel phone interview.

The interview questions themselves were very simple. Virtusa isn't looking for a person who knows everything but more for someone who can learn quickly.

Interview Questions

• Can you reverse a string, in any programming language you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

1. very smooth and comfortable.
    2. 1st round telephonic(basic questions about current and past work experience)
    3. Interview Day at NY Office(for full day 5 interview with Domain, Technical, HR, BPM Practice and Delivery head people.)
    4. Got offer letter in 2 days and revised offer letter in another 2 days

Interview Questions

• Typical Business Analyst questions:
      Requirement, Specification, Use Cases, BPM Methodology, Agile/Waterfall/SCRUM, how to handle Client Interaction and conflicts etc
      Answer Question

1. Got Better offer in terms of designation/role.
    2. Virtusa has clause on Visa transfer costs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY).

Interview

First had a phone screening with HR. Then a second phone screening. Was told I was invited to hiring day. WEEKS LATER finally received a date for hiring day. There were 4 30 minute interviews, all which were casual and mostly about getting to know me. The HR one was the worst (surprise). 4 weeks later, I was finally given a response. Get your logistics straightened out, I already have an offer somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about the powerpoint we sent you? What was your favorite part?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

One IQ test.Two Face to face interviews. Basic knowledge OOP concepts. Second one asked about More in depth knowledge of data structures, Design patterns, designing a small system with java. Few simple coding samples.

Interview Questions

• What are the design patterns you are familiar with? describe.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

HR interview, phone screening interview, and in person interview. Pretty straight forward interview questions. Resume details, behavioral, related skills, college experience. Nothing hard. you will be meeting with directors and manager level people. be confident. its really an easy process shouldn't be too hard.

Associate Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were 2 Technical Rounds. , There was 1 HR round. They asked about Current Salary, Past Projects, Current Projects, Implementation methods, Activities, connector, data pages, data table,PRPC 7.1 features, stages, flows, flow action, properties, Forward chaining, backward chaining.

Interview Questions

• Current Salary, Past Projects, Current Projects, Implementation methods, Activities, connector, data pages, data table, PRPC 7.1 features, stages, flows, flow action, properties, Forward chaining, backward chaining.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa in January 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting hire - phone screen then in person interview in one of the offices. Phone screen had three people of different levels on the line with me. Met with 3 people in the in office interview - 30 minutes or so each.

Interview Questions

• Questions about personality were unexpected - asked how family would describe you to see character   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a first round interview with a recruiter, waiting 4 weeks for them to get back to me, then had another interview with someone on the team, waited 8 weeks for a response, and then finally they scheduled me for an in person interview with 4 different people in their New York office for two weeks later. The interviews themselves weren't that hard--just talking about yourself and your experiences, but what really put me off was how awful they were at getting back to me. It's been about 6 weeks since that last interview and they haven't gotten back to me (although I've already accepted an offer somewhere else).

The in person interviews were great--the people were really nice and we connected on both a professional and personal level, but I think HR needs some work in their logistics.

Business Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Westborough, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

First my interview started out as 30 minute phone interview. A about three weeks later I was asked to go to Westborough for an in-person interview. I met with three different interviews (45 minutes with each interviewer). I was then asked to come back exactly one week later to meet with 2 senior executives. Again 45 minutes with each. Virtusa had payed for all of my expenses (food & travel)

Interview Questions

• How many planes are in the sky right now? (globally)
      How would you determine that?
      Answer Question

Architect - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a simple Interview process,
    1. It started with an HR interview to check if you fulfill inital qualifing criteria
    2. A Telephonic more than an hour interview to discuss basic technical skill sets including business scenarios and how you deal with it
    3.An onsite/Face to Face interview to check indepth, Techno-Functional skills, scenarios based questions, basic project management methodologies, some STAR relevant questions and discussion on expected remuneration
    4. Got Offer letter in couple of weeks

Interview Questions

• Questions related to prior consulting experience, some business (Finance Domain) scenarios and how it relates to Technology, E2E life cycle of projects etc.   Answer Question