Virtusa Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process both telephonic and face to face was very nicely coordinated. Even the interview formalities were nicely followed.
But it lacked professionalism and also no one came back with the reasoning for rejection.
Although I got to know the reason through contact.

Interview Questions

• How soon I can join & whether I am willing to relocate?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Virtusa

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Chennai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed for senior consultant. Two rounds of interviews one telephonic and face to face. Initially they said I'm selected but kept on hold for one month after which I got the offer.
        I told them my notice period will be 60 days. After resigning from my current organization, suddenly they called me and said join in 45 days or else your OFFER WILL BE REVOKED. Also they didn't gave me the discussed package. Though they offered decent and considerable package.
       Try for other companies if u get offer from Virtusa Polaris. Do not rely on them completely.
        HR point of contact for me is rude and did not answer me properly.
        I will not suggest this company for my friends and relatives.

Interview Questions

• basics of Java J2EE, few from design patterns and SQL questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Interview process took more than 20 to 25 days.Since I am from other city.And interview questions are real time questions .Questions are more into banking domain,Unix and SQL.In total 5 to 6 rounds of interview happened.

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

It is point to point. They focus on the requirements of the specific role. There would be a minimum of four rounds including HR. Salary negotiation is tough, they go by the approvals they can get.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tough

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

I've applied to Virtusa via employee referral program. Received a call from TAG and scheduled an interview. There was three rounds of interview. Technical (2) + HR (1). Since mine was consulting background so the most of the questions are being asked from my previous consulting experience and little bit situation based. Overall satisfied with the interview process

Interview Questions

• Your background is more of a product based so, will you be able to sustain in a service company?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Virtusa (Pune (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

One online test. Time was very limited and few questions were tricky, and one face to face round.
    Pretty simple. Primarily focussed on core java, designe patterns and database. No enterprise java questions.

Interview Questions

• Core java questions
      when to use linked list and Array list
      difference between Comparator and Comparable.
      designe pattern questions
      builder, singleton, mutable design pattern
      some database questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not ready for negotiation. Offer was not that bad but not that good as well.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (Chennai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Very Brief and Worth every minute, I was an immediate joiner, may be that is why. Generally Virtusa has a lot of techies even in the higher echelons 10 plus and 15 plus guys. So be prepared for a proper technical interview, fancy wordplay did not help here, the guys got deep into the technology and posed questions

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Very good and swift

Interview Questions

• Startup related questions - stuational Management consulting question...   Answer Question

Negotiation

smooth

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Very technical but excellent. Mostly they will try to validate you based on your technical skill and communication. I you impress your interviewer then you are all set , rest of the rounds will just a formalities.

Negotiation

Salary only if you are with rare/hot skill set.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa in April 2010.

Interview

Easy. Non-technical. Mostly resume-based discussion

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Start at a high-bid for a salary