Virtusa Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Virtusa Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone call follwed by F2F.
Phone call: 30 mins
Asked about my challenging tasks that I had accomplished so far, for 15 mins. Next 15mins, is just behavioral FAQs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Virtusa

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

One IQ test.Two Face to face interviews. Basic knowledge OOP concepts. Second one asked about More in depth knowledge of data structures, Design patterns, designing a small system with java. Few simple coding samples.

Interview Questions

• What are the design patterns you are familiar with? describe.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa in October 2014.

Interview

I first had an technical exam which was 30 IQ questions and 80 technical questions.then i was interviewed by senior software engineer.it was one and half hour interview.i was selected for the next round.then i had another one and half hour interview with an architect.it also went well.finally i had another small interview with the director of technology and then i was selected with the hr interview

Interview Questions

• Where will you in 5 year times of your career path?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a great opportunity.but to gain that you must work hard.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was a rigorous 4 round process. We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter about their opening and responded. They scheduled an in-person interview at their Manhattan office. When I got there, they'd lost my resume and couldn't photocopy it or get another from their system, so I had to reeexplain my credentials to everyone I spoke with aside the first man I spoke with.

At their office, the first person I spoke conducted a basic HR interview, asking me how I'd heard of them, what I knew about them, my background, etc. He told me I was being considered for a job in Albany. Next person was another HR interviewer, who told me a bit more about the company and position. Since for some reason they didn't have my resume, which I emailed to them, on record, I had to tell this interviewer all about my background. He said he didn't know where the position I was being considered for was located, but that he thought it might be in Boston.

Next was a technical interview on Java and general OOP concepts, conducted over a conference phone. This interviewer had an incredibly thick accent and coupled with the poor connection, made him very difficult to understand. I didn't feel like I did so well on it. Next I spoke with another tech person, face-to-face, who asked me some more OOP questions.

Afterwards I spoke with the first interviewer again. He told me that I passed, and that there was going to be 3-4 weeks (he wasn't specific) of training in India before the position started. As I don't have a passport, I asked him about the details. He wasn't very forthcoming about things like housing, how long I'd be expected to stay with them in return for the training, just insisting that they'd take care of it and it'd be free. When I told him that I'd sleep on it, he got very pushy and wanted an answer immediately, telling me he needed to know right then and there.

This seemed kind of shady (their story on where the position was located and didn't give me any details on the contract and details about the training),

Overall, it just felt "off" to me. It was very disorganized A couple of the interviewers just left the room for about 10 minutes at a time to take phone calls or something.

Interview Questions

• What is a finally statement used for in Java?   1 Answer

The whole thing seemed shady to me. I told them that I'd sleep on it before making a decision and they seemed unhappy with that, wanting me to give them a yes or no immediately. As well, the salary was around

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Applied through firstnaukri. First round is aptitude and one program.very simple program. 50 out of 180 are selected for next round ie.,tr. Tr is tough. Lost in tr.asked more about project.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

First round was a written test.it consists of java ,software engineering n sql mcqs and one program of java it was an easy program.the test was of 70 marks and duration is 70 minutes.after that it was a technical round .the questions were asked about sql java and software engineering

Interview Questions

• Write the sql query to find the max salary of each department   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (Chandigarh (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was good. There were three rounds. The first round was technical cum aptitude round in which mostly questions were from java. The second round was Technical round. It was 1:1 round in which mostly questions were from java and sql. 50-50 questions from java and sql. Third round was final HR.

Interview Questions

• Project related questions. My project was based on java. So they asked about basic concepts like final, static, class declarartions, pure virtual function etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It being carried out for 4 Round
    Consisting of 3 technical round and one Hr round
    Tech. round was cool and the interviewer are mostly checking how deep knowledge you have about specific thing

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

First round - Online Technical Assessments(Java,DBMS and other core subjects) and Programming.
    Second round- (one on one)Technical Round.
    Third round- HR Round where the personal details and company details were discussed .

Interview Questions

• Why did I chose Virtusa | Polaris ? (HR round)   1 Answer