Virtusa Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.9

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone call follwed by F2F.
Phone call: 30 mins
Asked about my challenging tasks that I had accomplished so far, for 15 mins. Next 15mins, is just behavioral FAQs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Virtusa

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

One IQ test.Two Face to face interviews. Basic knowledge OOP concepts. Second one asked about More in depth knowledge of data structures, Design patterns, designing a small system with java. Few simple coding samples.

Interview Questions

• What are the design patterns you are familiar with? describe.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virtusa in October 2014.

Interview

I first had an technical exam which was 30 IQ questions and 80 technical questions.then i was interviewed by senior software engineer.it was one and half hour interview.i was selected for the next round.then i had another one and half hour interview with an architect.it also went well.finally i had another small interview with the director of technology and then i was selected with the hr interview

Interview Questions

• Where will you in 5 year times of your career path?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a great opportunity.but to gain that you must work hard.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was a rigorous 4 round process. We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter about their opening and responded. They scheduled an in-person interview at their Manhattan office. When I got there, they'd lost my resume and couldn't photocopy it or get another from their system, so I had to reeexplain my credentials to everyone I spoke with aside the first man I spoke with.

At their office, the first person I spoke conducted a basic HR interview, asking me how I'd heard of them, what I knew about them, my background, etc. He told me I was being considered for a job in Albany. Next person was another HR interviewer, who told me a bit more about the company and position. Since for some reason they didn't have my resume, which I emailed to them, on record, I had to tell this interviewer all about my background. He said he didn't know where the position I was being considered for was located, but that he thought it might be in Boston.

Next was a technical interview on Java and general OOP concepts, conducted over a conference phone. This interviewer had an incredibly thick accent and coupled with the poor connection, made him very difficult to understand. I didn't feel like I did so well on it. Next I spoke with another tech person, face-to-face, who asked me some more OOP questions.

Afterwards I spoke with the first interviewer again. He told me that I passed, and that there was going to be 3-4 weeks (he wasn't specific) of training in India before the position started. As I don't have a passport, I asked him about the details. He wasn't very forthcoming about things like housing, how long I'd be expected to stay with them in return for the training, just insisting that they'd take care of it and it'd be free. When I told him that I'd sleep on it, he got very pushy and wanted an answer immediately, telling me he needed to know right then and there.

This seemed kind of shady (their story on where the position was located and didn't give me any details on the contract and details about the training),

Overall, it just felt "off" to me. It was very disorganized A couple of the interviewers just left the room for about 10 minutes at a time to take phone calls or something.

Interview Questions

• What is a finally statement used for in Java?   1 Answer

The whole thing seemed shady to me. I told them that I'd sleep on it before making a decision and they seemed unhappy with that, wanting me to give them a yes or no immediately. As well, the salary was around

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (Bhopal (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process has started with a written test.For CSE branches written test comprises of 2 coding questions and aptitude .For non-CSE branches, written test comprises of one coding question and aptitude.

Interview Questions

• Common questions asked to every student is on Software Development life cycle?
      Explain Java OOPs Concepts?
      and small questions related to java
      also asked about server,database   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed at my college.The process was a total of 3 rounds.The first round was technical aptitude which consisted of questions from Java, Software Engineering, Testing, and DBMS.The Second round was Tech HR where they asked some questions on java and software engineering.The third round was personal HR where they asked some personal questions.They checked on our attitude and communication skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panchkula (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (Panchkula (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university recruitment process. First round was online test with 40 mcqs from dbms, SQL, java, SE. And 2 coding questions. The test was quite an easy one if you re prepared and basic java coding knowledge would be sufficient enough to clear this round.
    Next I got shortlisted and was called for interviews. The technical interview was a little tough one. The guy asked me about my strong subject and started putting questions from it. All in all, their main concerns are DBMS, sql, java, SE.
    I was called for Hr interview that went pretty interesting.

Interview Questions

• How can you use private members of a class outside it?
      How will you delete the data from the table?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Virtusa (Kolkata (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There are 3 rounds in this recruitment process.

1) Written (total technical no verbal, reasoning or anything).
    2) TR.
    3) HR.

ROUND 1:

In this round there are 3 sections:
    a) Mcq's.
    b) Programming question 1.
    c) Programming question 2.

Mcq's are kind off easy you can crack this round if you have more knowledge on java, DBMS, (most of the questions are based on these 2) and other questions are based on SDLC, UML.

And coming to b) and c) sections we have to write the code in java only there are no other options, they will describe the problem and give us maximum code we have to fill the small part of the incomplete code.

You will be selected if you at least attempt the logic.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions from Java, Collections framework, Difference between HashMap and HashSet, questions from projects, ques from JSON, willing to relocate or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtusa (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in July 2017.

Interview

there are two round of interview process, first technical and second HR. Technical could take 30-60 min and HR 10 min. this process really good and they just expecting basic knowledge of OOP and data structure concept.