Visa Europe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

3.2

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visa Europe (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was set up in a very short amount of time. Standard process with group presentation and 1:1 with all potential team members. The team is very nice and they asked specific questions about my work, explain how the team works and why i will want to work for visa.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in the payment industry   1 Answer

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Europe (Foster City, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Case based interview with mulitple rounds. The recruiters are the first point of contact, but they are only responsive if they are interested in you as a candidate. First round is with the recruiter. 2nd round is usually with the hiring manager over the phone. Third round is in person with multiple people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the job?   2 Answers

Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Visa Europe.

Interview

two interviews, initial telephone interview followed by face to face interview held with the hiring manager and a team leader. The telephone interview lasted about 15 minutes and face to face about one hour

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was made and accepted.

Senior Automation QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Visa Europe in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call from one of the job consultancy and arranged Telephonic discussion through webx with VISA.It took 4-5 days to short list the resume and arrange interview.It is little bit confusing process as you have to connect webx which VISA people would have send the webx link to the mail. Interviewer was very nice and soft spoken and asked simple questions.

Onboarding Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Europe.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and got a response very promptly. First stage was a phone interview with HR which was more for Visa to explain the role a bit better and the chance to ask some basic questions about yourself. Very relaxed and informal, and just like a conversation with a friend.

Second stage was a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Was asked to run through the CV and explain a few things here and there. It was all very professional with some quite tough questions about how you would deal with certain situations but nothing out the ordinary. This was an hour long and included a small test. It was nothing too technical, it tested more attention to detail rather than any pre-learnt skill.

The final stage was another face to face interview with the hiring manager and a few people from the team. This was a much more relaxed atmosphere where you could talk freely about the role and expectations. It was more to make sure the candidate was comfortable with the role and to answer any questions I had. They were all very helpful and painted an honest picture of day to day responsibilities.

After that, I was contacted with a job offer. The HR team were very professional throughout and were in constant communication about the progress of you job application. I felt that I was being looked after and things were moving quickly.

The overall hiring process makes me believe that Visa hires only good strong candidates. It's great to know that your potential colleagues would have gone through the same vetting process so the building is filled with intelligent, hard working professionals!

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest challenges you've had to face in your current role?   Answer Question

Current job did a lot to keep me... It was a difficult decision turning down this role and if I could do both jobs I would!

Lead IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Europe (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The Hiring Manager was a former colleague and knows about my skill set in some past roles. The process was easy.Questions asked about .IDS, IPS ,SIEM - RSA and QRadar Design and Implementations Security Recommendations. Authentication using Safenet HSMs.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paddington, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visa Europe (Paddington, England (UK)).

Interview

Half hour phone interview followed up with 1.5 hour interview with team lead and manager. No particularly challenging questions, I got the impression they were satisfied with my experience and just wanted to evaluate whether I was a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• The usual "what would you consider to be your biggest weakness" question - only difficult because I have a tendency to be honest when answering and I wasn't sure whether they'd appreciate that or not. Clearly they did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated an extra 10% above their offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Europe (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

This entailed two interviews in total:
    - 0.5 hours phone interview with HR (this was more of an introductory interview)
    - 1.5 hours face to face interview with two hiring managers (this included a presentation which I had to prepare beforehand, technical questions, HR-related/behavioral questions, questions about my background and CV)

A couple of days after the face-to-face interview I had an offer.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Europe (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied directly online from the company's website. First received a call from HR, followed by verbal and numerical online tests. Scored high on both and then being invited to an assessment day where they put you on a role play, priority for work test, followed by the actual interview. Their interview process is complicated and dont expect someone to answer your questions after the first few minutes after the tests start. They were unhelpful during the whole interview. Their interview tests at the assessment day was not effective at all, I agreed with emloyees who rated low for this company. Would not recommed this company for anyone even for an interview as there is no experience to gain from, absolute waste of time...

Interview Questions

• The tests at the assessment day were difficult, even if you are prepared, you wont complete these tests within a short time and dont expect an answer if you have a question about the tests. Apart fro the tests, the usual interview questions were: Tell us why you applied for this role, what do you believe you can bring in to our team, what are your weaknesses, have you ever wanted to achieve something and failed in your previous jobs, give examples...   Answer Question

I red the reviews of the current employees and declined the offer

Delivery Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Europe (Reading, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Very robust. Multi formatted. This included a one hour phone interview with one of the senior team members, then an assessment day, followed by a face to face.