Visa Inc. Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a phone screen, and later with the manager of the team I will be working with at this role. I was finally offered an onsite opportunity to go into their HQ. The schedule was sent to me with a confirmed time and date. I was going to fly in from another city which they specifically told me that they are unable to compensate my travel expense.

So i booked the ticket once I got the confirmation from Visa. A day prior to my onsite interview, the recruiter called me 7am in the morning, told me that the interview has got cancelled because the manager of the team is leaving and they are putting on hold this position. I thought it was a dream cause it was such early in the morning and it didn't sound real at all. The recruiter emailed me that they are still unable to provide compensation on my plane tickets that I already booked. I'm not gonna lie, but I feel fooled.

Interview Questions

• Please respond here with a quick summary of your work history to share with my manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

In a career fair, I spoke with recruiter about my projects. They scheduled an interview later that day. I cleared it. Then they gave a Hacker rank coding challenge which was hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter who got my resume from a career fair. Scheduled a phone interview the next day itself. Spoke to a very senior person who was excellent. Behavioral questions that probed deeply into interpersonal relationships and questions pertaining to projects and internship experiences. Interviewer steered the interview very well. Spoke about experiences that pertained to the position and how experience could be relevant.
    Unfortunately they required someone with more background in finance which I did not have so didn't get through.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if a teammate requests your help for two weeks but his/her task takes longer. how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2016.

Interview

First got shortlisted and got an interview email from HR.
    Had two phone interviews.
    First Interview was from Senior Director of the team i was going to work for followed by second round of Interview.
    After two round of Interviews got a call from HR about the good news :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      why do you want to work @Visa
      How is your previous experience in line with want you want to do at Visa
      Tell me about data problem you solved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Centennial, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Group Interview with 3 department leaders. Interview set up by recruiter. Manager lead the interview with other staff asking technical questions. Was casual and low key in format with questions regarding project management and ability to lead.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Quick on the phone first interview, then an in person panel interview, [over three hours], then no contract for three weeks, followed by an offer. The people were basically organized by learning the process.

Insufficent salaruy

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Recruiters never respond promptly to follow ups - very lax and uninterested in providing valuable information about the company. Not helpful with culture reviews, etc. Had to push and be annoying with follow up in order to get a response

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you successfully managed a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Excessively slow. Multiple rounds, slow decision making.

Negotiation

Open.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2013.

Interview

Call with hiring manager. Was about 45 minutes. More asking about experience/resume then company or industry specific questions.

Interview Questions

• No serious technical questions or anything unexpected. Just resume and follow up type questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was surprisingly straightforward, with just an initial phone screen, an in person interview with my manager, and then his manager. It was as if they'd already made their decision before my arrival

Interview Questions

• General questions - describe your background, highlighting any areas you think relevant to the role. My manager was really focused on his 'problems' needing resolution and basically we had a discussion around those.   Answer Question