Visa Inc. Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed. I hadn't had any prior call center experience, yet I was invited to a phone interview. It was by far the best phone interview experience I've ever had. The recruiter interviewing me was very friendly - he even took extra time (about 30 minutes) during the initial interview to explain the job in more detail because I didn't know what it would be like to work at a call center (things like metrics, shift bids, etc.). The phone call took about an hour in total. At the end of the call, we set up a time for me to come by the Visa office to take a tour of the place, as well as take two short assessments. If you pass the assessments, you are then offered to proceed to a final interview with managers. The first test took me about 10 minutes and was data entry. It mainly tests your listening skills and attention to detail (know how to spell and read directions). The other test took me about 15-20 minutes and was multiple choice call center scenarios. I heard back later on the same day I took the assessments that they decided to move forward with other candidates (that multiple choice really tripped me up, but wouldn't be difficult for someone with more experience). Overall, it was a great experience. The recruiter who interviewed me, gave me a tour, and administered the tests was really personable - at the end of the tour/test taking, they even (probably seeing my sorry test score ahead of time) softened the blow by talking me through some more ways to gain experience if I wanted to apply to another premier call center in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to multi-task across multiple mediums (phone, email, web, etc.). How did you handle it? What did your supervisor think of your performance?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a Human Resources recruiter, only a couple days after I applied online. The recruiter was very calm, understanding, and took the time to get to know me. They provided a great description, hours, rate of pay, etc on that phone call. Then, they scheduled me to come in for assessment testing, as well as a tour of the building. You need to pas the assessment test in order to get a final interview. The assessment test was data entry (know how to spell), and customer service scenario questions that were multiple choice. I then was told I will have a final face to face interview the following week. I met with two managers, and they asked situational questions. I was nervous, and felt my chances weren't the greatest at getting the job, do to my anxiety. However, they offered me the position right after the interview ended, and I even got to pick my hours!

Overall, I personally think this was a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email inviting me to a 1-on-1 interview with a hiring manager. Was asked typical interview questions and took two exams to ensure I was qualified for the job. Both exams were simply customer service and data entry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview at first. After that I was called in for an in-person interview. Was asked typical interview questions by two gentleman who genuinely loved their jobs.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then manager, then face to face interview. Phone interview was basic resume review, two open ended questions and allowed time for my questions. Recruiters want specific situations that describe and demonstrate experience and skill level.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was done by one of the hiring manager, he was very friendly. He asked behavior questions about who I handle difficult situations Interview consisted of five questions to test your reaction to different situations. One of the questions asked was based on a scenario given to respond to

Interview Questions

• A scenario was read to respond to, to determine how you would react to customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation involved, just accepted the job offer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Miami, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Overall the interview was a great experience. The Interviewer was very laid back and smiled a lot, was not intimidating at all, really allowed me to be comfortable and to just be myself.

Job was easy to get, just smile, be honest with yourself, be positive, be ambitious, and just lay out all this passion on why you want to explore this new career opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VISA?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in December 2011.

Interview

They called me for 2 interviews with 4 diferent people...was a total waste of my time.