Visa Inc. Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Director Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had couple of Phone interviews and called for an onsite interview. Had 3 hours of discussion. Interview went well, however they changed their resourcing strategy and it impacted to the position i applier for.

Interview Questions

• About current process in my current organization and how can improve it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Contacted employee at VISA
    My resume got forwarded to a hiring manager
    Received a screening call from HR Recruiter
    Went in for an interview in person and also remote using video by panel
    Had a final interview with more people
    Had a call from recruiter saying that they were ready to make an offer
    Had a Background check
    Finalized and agreed to offer

Interview Questions

• How would I get things done in the face of many internal processes and tools?
      What is my leadership style?
      What should VISA do from an innovation perspective ?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Fair. There seems to be a bias toward hiring experienced people from outside Visa. Particularly helpful is experience in payments through an FI or merchant. People doing the interviewing really have no expertise in evaluating someone's skillset.

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly traditional. Meet with HR recruiter in a screening call. Followed my a 4-5 hour on-site interview process with approximately 4-5 interviews conducting individual interviews. Interviewers were from cross-functional teams.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at VISA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

6 different people interviewed me one on one, three onsite in person and three by phone but all concurrently within a 2 day period. It was for a UAT lead position and two of the interviewers would be my colleagues (same job function), two were from the QA group, and two represented requirements analysis. They were all trying to get a feel for how I would be to work with for their respective roles.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial phone call w/ recruiter and then the hiring manager. Never heard back. Still have not. - it's been 6 weeks. The job posting is closed. If a candidate allocated time for the interviews, an email would have been the least Visa could do to notify the candidate. Lack of professionalism in the HR process. Disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with Human Resources person's assistant. Actual phone interview with Human Resources representative. In person interview with members of hiring team including peers and junior members of the team to determine personality fit within their group's culture. Follow up conversation with Human Resources person to talk about why the team chose to hire someone else.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I applied on-line, shortly after I received a call from a recruiter that had set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The interview was pleasant and the following week I received via e-mail a link to two different on-line test which candidates were required to take to move forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself was fine, the third party on-line test had some strange questions, such as GBLT in the workplace and if you have religious views that different than someone at work, and the statements had no place for an "it depends answer" - forced answers into agree and disagree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

This was one of the worst interview experiences I have ever had. It took two months of going back and forth with the hiring manager to determine the scope and level of the position. I ended up helping her set the appropriate level of the role as she really didn't seem to have a handle on industry standards. Then when I finally went in I met with several BU leaders who seemed sharp but was then put in a conference room with about 8 of the team members I would be leading. The room was full of anxiety and I spent an hour fielding very awkward questions about what I would change and if I would keep everyone on board. I was told this was a final interview and that I would get word within a week or two. NO ONE EVER FOLLOWED UP WITH ME. After more than four months of interviews and conversations I NEVER received a call with my final decision. I felt this was completely unprofessional but since I had decided I did not want to step into such a dysfunctional team I just moved on. Five months later I started getting calls from head hunters about the job, apparently it is still open. Good luck filling that.

Interview Questions

• How do you support your team when they are under enormous pressure and have unrealistic goals? Do you have your team's backs when senior leaders criticize them?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

all day interview with 5-7people. After that the manager has to write an essay to justify the person he wants to bring in. The write up is then reviewed by a number of top executives which can take 2-4 months until you hear back