Visa Inc. Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview screening with Talent Acquisition Manager. Followed up by phone interview with Financial Analyst Manager. After passing both phone interviews - Visa onsite interview with 6 members of the Finance team. Each interview was 30 minutes. Met with various levels of employees from Senior Financial Analyst to Senior Finance Director. Was very organized and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Basic get to know you questions and a quick rundown of your resume. When have you reviewed   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Phone interview with HR then Manager

In person was more of a fit-type interview-- why Visa, what relevant experience do you have? What are you thoughts on payments, Excel skills.

Where do you see your career progressing in the next 2-3 yrs? Why do you think payments is exciting?

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate how much money would be earned in increasing the gas tax by $0.10   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

If you are interviewing for Visa, my sincere condolences to you. Seriously.
    I have never experienced something like this from any companies I have ever interviewed with. I applied online and then a senior recruiter reached out to me to set up an phone interview that lasted 20 minutes. Then I was invited to a super day to meet 6 people from different teams. The instructions as to who will I be meeting and when and where were provided very clearly. And the interviewers were generally pretty nice and engaged. Now moving on to the negative parts.
    First round of interview was from 10am-1pm. No lunch was provided while everyone in the company was having lunch. Recruiter welcomed me when I first got there and was never seen again. Recruiter initially told me super day is the last round. Then it turned out that the team was interested in me and want to meet me again for second round in foster city. And they started doing my background check in the meantime as well. I met with 3 additional team members. The interview was from 10:30am-1pm. Again, no lunch was provided. Transportation fee was not expensed. The most senior person couldn't make the skype call and changed to phone call last minute. The best part is when I asked "what's your favorite part about working for Visa?" to each interviewer, nobody could give me a straight answers. NOBODY. They either say job security or how good their old job was. One person even just directly told me how much she has to do in Visa comparing to her good old company. And 3 weeks after the last round of interview, 2 months after the initial phone screen. The recruiter finally responded me back after me sending out 3 emails asking her for updates.
    Honestly, the whole process was super unprofessional and irresponsible. The workers seemed to be overworked and hated their jobs. No wonder it has a 2.5 stars here. I guess it's a blessing in disguise for people who gets rejected from them. And best of luck to those who got the job. You will need it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Visa?
      Basic behavior questions like strength and weakness, why Visa?
      Situation questions: examples of process improving? conflicts or mistakes?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Accounting questions related to depreciation/ amortization, deferring revenue, recognizing revenue.

Interview Questions

• How do you defer revenue?   2 Answers
    • When do you capitalize a particular item?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I was a current employee at the company so I only had to describe to them what I had worked on and provide a new of someone who could give me a recommendation within the company. There were no by the book behavioral questions, just basic knowledge of how the finance function works was all. I did not have to interview with more than my manager and his manager which made it less intimidating. The finance department is notorious for a high turnover so they were desperate to fill the position since most people try to stay away from it at Visa unless they don't mind working 10+ a day.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the Oracle systems and how and when have you used it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process since we were on a company wide pay freeze.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2009.

Interview

Met with the extended team. The one thing that stood out, is that the interviewers were all at a higher level than the the position being interviewed for. In retrospect, this implies getting blindsided due not meeting others at the same level. Get a high level picture, but no opportunity to understand specific role responsibilities only to be surprised later.

Negotiation