Visa Inc. Interview Questions in Foster City, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Step 1 -

Step 2 -
    Phone interview with QA Engineer at Visa.
    String str = "abc123de56" --> give sum of 123 + 56 = 178.

b) Asked few Testing related questions on TestNG and Selenium.

Step 3 - Skype interview as my location was not where the job was at.
    4 rounds by 4 different people were scheduled back to back.
    1 person did not show up so 3:30 hours schedule was cut down to 2:30 hours.

1st interview -->
    a) Algorithm questions
    Armstrong Number and Anagram

b) Questions on Testing framework and how to manage the script if it is taking a lot of time.
    c) Other basic Selenium related questions.

2nd Interview -->
    Asked questions on everything.
    Selenium --> Page Object Model,
    Java --> Interface
    Git --> where I could not answer properly. Git Statsh and Git Fetch. How to go back to a previous branch's code.
    Challenges in Agile.
    Database --> Difference between Delete and Truncate etc.

3rd Interview -->
    a) Algorithm questions -->
    Find first non-repeating character in a string using normal iterative method and then using a HashSet.
    I used LinkedHashSet --> this was the tricky part. Just go through the use of LinkedHashSet.

b) Questions on testing on mobile and Desktop.
    c) TestNG and Selenium based questions.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank Test with multiple choice questions on APIs (SOAP and REST), Selenium, Java OOP etc.   Answer Question
    • a) Gave a String algorithm question and asked to solve using Collabedit screen share.
      String str = "abc123de56" --> give sum of 123 + 56 = 178.

b) Asked few Testing related questions on TestNG and Selenium.   Answer Question
    • a) Algorithm questions
      Armstrong Number and Anagram

c) Other basic Selenium related questions.   Answer Question
    • Asked questions on everything.
      Selenium --> Page Object Model,
      Java --> Interface
      Challenges in Agile.
      Database --> Difference between Delete and Truncate etc.   Answer Question
    • a) Algorithm questions -->

b) Questions on testing on mobile and Desktop.
      c) TestNG and Selenium based questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview for about 15 mins.
    Basic Java questions on collections, multithreading, synchronization, exception handling, OOPS concepts, how to make object immutable etc

1st round - to implement sorting - list of names in a string by ascending and design order. Laptop was given and asked to code in an IDE.

2nd round - discussion on design patterns, code on white board to implement a singleton pattern and write a junit for the same, few behavioral questions like why u, agile methodology, general discussion on technologies used from my resume

3rd round - write code on a white board to implement a tree and add an element at a particular node

4th round - phone interview since the interviewer couldn’t make it. Why contracting, technologies used in my previous projects, technical questions like - heap vs stack, multithreading, synchronization, java pass by value, compare strings (equals or == and why)

5th round - to implement sorting of strings, write jUnit for the same and mock db call

Interview Questions

• write code on a white board to implement a tree and add an element at a particular node   Answer Question
    • code to implement sorting of a list of strings   Answer Question
    • write jUnit for the same and mock db call   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

45 minutes of phone screen which involves coding exercise and if you clear that you are called for onsite. I was surprised by the response as even though i was able to give the correct solution i was not called for onsite interview..

Interview Questions

• Coding exercise to find the depth of the ancestors in a tree.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a phone screen, and later with the manager of the team I will be working with at this role. I was finally offered an onsite opportunity to go into their HQ. The schedule was sent to me with a confirmed time and date. I was going to fly in from another city which they specifically told me that they are unable to compensate my travel expense.

So i booked the ticket once I got the confirmation from Visa. A day prior to my onsite interview, the recruiter called me 7am in the morning, told me that the interview has got cancelled because the manager of the team is leaving and they are putting on hold this position. I thought it was a dream cause it was such early in the morning and it didn't sound real at all. The recruiter emailed me that they are still unable to provide compensation on my plane tickets that I already booked. I'm not gonna lie, but I feel fooled.

Interview Questions

• Please respond here with a quick summary of your work history to share with my manager.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First call with HR-> Then with the Director -> Hiring Manager-> Hacker rank->Onsite (6-7 rounds) Director round is for about 45 mins very difficult, Haker rank is worst as its'a QA role onsite is 50:50 they ask as per what come's to their mind not as per job requirement.

Interview Questions

• Sort array , xml, json, rest api , reverse word , count duplicate in an array , remove duplicate and scenario based question   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager followed by in-office interviews with other managers a couple of weeks later. I was told to expect a response within a week but never heard back from them despite contacting HR for a status. This was more than two months ago. I never had that happen after an in-office interview.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process is 3 steps. Online phone screen, hackerrank and onsite. Hackerrank is badly designed. Very random. Onsite interview was long. Team taking interview was average and I could tell they don't have much experience taking interview. Example on guy came in and asked how to calculate data center load using jmeter. Directors were obnoxious. They have been in the company for more than 10 years and expects candidate to have same domain knowledge as they have. Overall glassdoor reviews about Visa are accurate. it's a government company where people are hanging on to their positions. My feel from onsite interview was not a good company to work for. Recruiter was not professional as well. He said team liked you but we need to review other candidates before we take a decision. So what you expect from me? Wait? I moved on and took another offer :)

Interview Questions

• How to find duplicates in a string using hashmap. Simple sql queries. Jmeter, Rest API's, Selenium.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute in person interview with a manager. After passing this step, I had an online assessment which contained 1 coding problem and 4 MCQs. This was followed by a 30 minute interview with the team I will be joining. And the final step was an interview with the VP of VISA.

Interview Questions

• What problem do you see at VISA and how will you go about solving it!   Answer Question

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

It was 3 round interview with basic questions on Java, Hadoop, Spark,mapreduce, Pig, Hive. They asked about my previous experience and brief description about previous project . First round was phone interview followed by Skype round and Face to face

Interview Questions

• What is MapReduce, What is the difference between Hadoop and Traditional RDBMS   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very long interview process. I applied online in November 2016 was contacted in December and had 4 phone interviews in January. Then flew up for an all day with 3 of the people I would be interviewing for (who I had spoken to) and 3 additional people. In the end I was not offered the job. But I was okay with this as it seemed to a very corporate environment that was trying to change but that there were a lot of obstacles in place.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to put together a short presentation and then was asked the normal interview questions as they related to the job.   Answer Question