Visa Inc. Interview Questions in Foster City, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

45 minutes of phone screen which involves coding exercise and if you clear that you are called for onsite. I was surprised by the response as even though i was able to give the correct solution i was not called for onsite interview..

Interview Questions

• Coding exercise to find the depth of the ancestors in a tree.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First call with HR-> Then with the Director -> Hiring Manager-> Hacker rank->Onsite (6-7 rounds) Director round is for about 45 mins very difficult, Haker rank is worst as its'a QA role onsite is 50:50 they ask as per what come's to their mind not as per job requirement.

Interview Questions

• Sort array , xml, json, rest api , reverse word , count duplicate in an array , remove duplicate and scenario based question   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager followed by in-office interviews with other managers a couple of weeks later. I was told to expect a response within a week but never heard back from them despite contacting HR for a status. This was more than two months ago. I never had that happen after an in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your past experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process is 3 steps. Online phone screen, hackerrank and onsite. Hackerrank is badly designed. Very random. Onsite interview was long. Team taking interview was average and I could tell they don't have much experience taking interview. Example on guy came in and asked how to calculate data center load using jmeter. Directors were obnoxious. They have been in the company for more than 10 years and expects candidate to have same domain knowledge as they have. Overall glassdoor reviews about Visa are accurate. it's a government company where people are hanging on to their positions. My feel from onsite interview was not a good company to work for. Recruiter was not professional as well. He said team liked you but we need to review other candidates before we take a decision. So what you expect from me? Wait? I moved on and took another offer :)

Interview Questions

• How to find duplicates in a string using hashmap. Simple sql queries. Jmeter, Rest API's, Selenium.   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute in person interview with a manager. After passing this step, I had an online assessment which contained 1 coding problem and 4 MCQs. This was followed by a 30 minute interview with the team I will be joining. And the final step was an interview with the VP of VISA.

Interview Questions

• What problem do you see at VISA and how will you go about solving it!   Answer Question

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

It was 3 round interview with basic questions on Java, Hadoop, Spark,mapreduce, Pig, Hive. They asked about my previous experience and brief description about previous project . First round was phone interview followed by Skype round and Face to face

Interview Questions

• What is MapReduce, What is the difference between Hadoop and Traditional RDBMS   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very long interview process. I applied online in November 2016 was contacted in December and had 4 phone interviews in January. Then flew up for an all day with 3 of the people I would be interviewing for (who I had spoken to) and 3 additional people. In the end I was not offered the job. But I was okay with this as it seemed to a very corporate environment that was trying to change but that there were a lot of obstacles in place.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to put together a short presentation and then was asked the normal interview questions as they related to the job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview screening with Talent Acquisition Manager. Followed up by phone interview with Financial Analyst Manager. After passing both phone interviews - Visa onsite interview with 6 members of the Finance team. Each interview was 30 minutes. Met with various levels of employees from Senior Financial Analyst to Senior Finance Director. Was very organized and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Basic get to know you questions and a quick rundown of your resume. When have you reviewed   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for a contract position through a Recruiting company. Recruiter screened with a coding exercise followed by Telephonic screening and then Onsite interview. Telephonic had questions on Core java and other technologies I mentioned in my resume

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in October. Got a hackerrank test in december, followed by three telephonic rounds. First telephonic interview was about technologies on the resume and basic knowledge testing questions such as design patterns, shell commands, multithreading concepts. Interviewer gave overview of what the team does. The second round was also technical, but was simpler than the first. Last round was HR. Basic behavioral questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If a user complains of performance issues, how will you troubleshoot it?   Answer Question