Visa Inc. Interview Questions in Foster City, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

It was 3 round interview with basic questions on Java, Hadoop, Spark,mapreduce, Pig, Hive. They asked about my previous experience and brief description about previous project . First round was phone interview followed by Skype round and Face to face

Interview Questions

• What is MapReduce, What is the difference between Hadoop and Traditional RDBMS   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very long interview process. I applied online in November 2016 was contacted in December and had 4 phone interviews in January. Then flew up for an all day with 3 of the people I would be interviewing for (who I had spoken to) and 3 additional people. In the end I was not offered the job. But I was okay with this as it seemed to a very corporate environment that was trying to change but that there were a lot of obstacles in place.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to put together a short presentation and then was asked the normal interview questions as they related to the job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview screening with Talent Acquisition Manager. Followed up by phone interview with Financial Analyst Manager. After passing both phone interviews - Visa onsite interview with 6 members of the Finance team. Each interview was 30 minutes. Met with various levels of employees from Senior Financial Analyst to Senior Finance Director. Was very organized and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Basic get to know you questions and a quick rundown of your resume. When have you reviewed   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in October. Got a hackerrank test in december, followed by three telephonic rounds. First telephonic interview was about technologies on the resume and basic knowledge testing questions such as design patterns, shell commands, multithreading concepts. Interviewer gave overview of what the team does. The second round was also technical, but was simpler than the first. Last round was HR. Basic behavioral questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If a user complains of performance issues, how will you troubleshoot it?   Answer Question

Project Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Applied on Visa's website, was emailed by HR to schedule a general phone interview with a recruiter, then came onsite to interview. I interviewed with my potential manager who was a Sr. Director, another manager on the team who was a Sr. Director, and the Vice President of the team. Each was 30 minutes.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview availability. After first phone interview, there was another phone screen. Next round was on-site interview for 4 hours where I was interviewed by 5 people one on one. The on-site interview also involved a case study presentation that I had to work on prior to the interview.

Most of the phone interview questions were repeated so I would have preferred to speak with both the interviewers together or just have one phone screen.

The entire interview process was very long. ~ 3 months.

Although, the feedback immediately after the interview was VERY positive, I received just an auto generated email stating the position was filled 3 weeks after my on-site interview. I reached out to the recruiter asking for feedback and I was told that some hard to please people on the panel were not satisfied by my spot on case study and answers. Thanks and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were around the resume and my current skill sets.

Most of the interview panel was interested to know what I bring to the team/organization. I was also asked to share my thoughts on certain business problems where they wanted to analyze my critical thinking ability.

There were also few useless canned questions like "How does visa make money?" "What do you know about Visa?" "Teach me something new" "best manager/ worst manager you have had". Nothing that makes you hit a wall.

I was given a one liner case study asking me to analyze a certain event that happened in the past.
      There was no data/business questions/instructions provided. It was basically a very open ended business problem but I did put in a lot of effort into the case study and the panel was very pleased with the insights that I presented.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center website. the interviewer asked me a few questions about my resume, what math and computer science courses I was taking. That took ~ 5 minutes. Then he started asking me technical questions. It didn't seem like he was interested or engaged during the interview; he was on his phone most of the time. Whole interview took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Given two linked lists, ow would you determine if they have a node in common?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty bad process from start to finish. I was an internal referral to boot, and it took almost a month to just contact me. That contact was from HR (very junior) and it was clear they didn't even understand the role or my background. I didn't give the place a second thought for a few months, then for giggles tried again (with help from the referrer) and had a phone call with the department lead that went OK. Along the way, one person flat out told me that I was placed on hold because they wanted a woman to fill the position. I support diversity, I don't support forced diversity. Had I listened to my gut, I would have walked away, but when they asked me to visit, I accepted. I met with members of the team who all seemed very nice and intelligent. The main interviewer failed to show for the interview with me, then the HR interview was done by video conference from SF. How hard is it to be live with your candidates when you work in the Bay Area? The whole thing felt really like it was being "phoned in". The HR interview was actually directly off a script, which felt extremely unprofessional for a VP level job. Was told they were moving forward with other candidates that were a better fit. Fine, no hard feelings, but sure felt like I was a pawn that was strung along.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. It felt as though they wanted to do most of the talking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed for a mid-level position at Visa in Foster City. The hiring process was typical of what you would expect; interviews were set up pretty quickly and I was notified about the status of interviews fairly quickly throughout the process. Everyone from HR was very nice to work with.
    The process was:
    -Phone screen by recruiter
    -First round of interviews with members of the team
    -Second round of interviews with members of the team

What was most hurtful, however, was that after the final round of interviews I never heard back from Visa. I paid for my own transportation to get to my interviews (I am an out of town candidate and Visa does not reimburse for travel or any expenses for interviews). I invested not only my money, but a significant amount of my time. I assume that someone else got the position and maybe the recruiter got sick or felt overwhelmed or something of that sort and just forgot to let me know. It was kind of a bummer though. I know with other companies, there were times when I didn't get an offer for one specific position but they still considered me for other, similar positions. I was hoping maybe something like that would happen at Visa, especially after all of the time and effort spent and positive feedback that I heard from the team..but sadly no. Not even a response back or follow up, nothing.

Interview Questions

• I applied for an analytical position but most of the questions were behavioral; there were no questions at all about the company itself or how it operates. I spent hours reading through the 10-K and it didn't really help me when it came down to the interview. I think in my case they were looking for a fit for the team perhaps and relevant skills to the position.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process took almost 2 months....Applied through a referral ....got a hackerrank challenge ....after that ...HR interview scheduling an onsite immediately...but I had it postponed due to personal reasons ...so interview got postponed by one month...onsite interview with 6 people

Interview Questions

• Round 1 :
      Reverse a String
      Implement merge in a merge sort
      Top k frequent words in a file
      Round 2
      It was with the director........Asked about resume and my previous qa experience at a company ...whiteboarding some QA stuff
      Round 3
      Again with a director.....check whether a number is prime , convert string to integer
      Round 4