Visa Inc. Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.8

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Blacksburg, VA).

Interview

First round was a campus interview where they asked about my background and some technical questions about data structures and algorithm. There was a whiteboard question. Next round was a coding challenge using hackerrank

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Oct 2016 and got call by March 2017. I applied for System Analyst position but they tagged me to a different role(Systems Engineer) that more suits my profile. First round was a telephonic interview, question were related to OOPS concepts, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Javascript, AngularJS, bootstrap and few behavioral questions. Second round was a hackerrank challenge, 6 questions, 2 questions were related to string manipulations and arrays related in coding part. 4 questions were MCQs related to big-O complexities and tree traversals.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

3 stage process. First round was a phone screen. A general overview of what the company does and what position are you being interviewed for. Walk-through resume and projects listed on it. Some technical questions on technologies used in projects. Second round was a Hackerrank test - 1 hour 2 questions. One question was fairly simple on string manipulations, second was a tricky one. If you clear Hackerrank, final round is again a phone interview with upper management, which is more or less similar to first phone screen. Additionally, they ask you about your career goals to check if the job role is aligned or not.
    Note: Know your resume very well.

Interview Questions

• Relational and NoSQL Databases
      Projects listed on resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes which I cleared. Then I was asked to complete an online hackerrank coding challenge of 60 mins.There were 2 questions and I was able to solve both of them but I didn't notice the time and couldn't click on submit for the second question and it remained unanswered. Because of that I couldn't clear the second round.

Interview Questions

• Online challenge was related to string manipulations and numbers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I got the interview from a convention. it was scheduled for the next Monday but I got rescheduled a couple of times.Finally did the interview with a VP over the Phone. He asked mostly behavioural questions, talked about what visa does as a company and what the internship would entail. They got back to me within a week with a decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Columbus, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

3 stage interview about 30 minutes each. The first guy asked about general theory about what technologies you had listed on your resume. The second guy had me program a basic sort in javascript. The last guy tests your passion. If you mention to him that you have any other interesting other than computing he will ask why you wouldn't pursue a career in that field

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a position, but got asked to interview for a different position. I scheduled my interview for one day, but they did not call me, so I was asked to reschedule, and the same happened again. When I rescheduled a third time, the interviewer was not prepared and did not seem to know what to ask. However, the interviewer was very kind and personable, despite his ill-preparedness.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Applied online through a job opening that was aimed specifically at students at my school. Recruiter arranged an on-campus interview with two engineers. They said result would be out that week but took about 4 weeks with multiple follow-up emails for them to get back to me. Interviewers were very nice but recruiter was not very responsive. Interview was not technical, more about verbal problem-solving.

Interview Questions

• How would you check that a LinkedList has a loop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for an intern for an analyst.
    Mostly behavioral question. An interviewer was supportive. My advice is that be confident, know your resume top to bottom, and don't lie. Practice few times with your roommates and you will be fine. I thought they would seek to test my technical skills. So, I reviewed my notes and books for several days. Unfortunately, they didn't ask any question to test my hard skills.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you worked in that restaurant (in my resume)? How did you handle angry costumers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

majority was behavioral, eg. the general questions asked: "walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, what would you do if...(scenario questions on leadership, work experience, conflicts within your team), some basic technical questions on coding, asked about visa's business model