Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

664 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from CA to set up phone screen. It Took a week then I was selected for 5 more interviews on Video Call. That took another week to set up. All together it took 2 weeks. 5 interviews were 30 minutes each. It was tiring. Almost everyone ask the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Write down three sentences on a piece of paper that you will tell your VP if you see him on an elevator.   1 Answer
    • Which position are you more interested - Project Manager/Program Manager and why ?   1 Answer

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Interview Process was pretty straight forward. One written test and 2 phone interviews. I got a call from HR asking for salary requirements and she told me that they are very positive about my profile and will be moving forward . Two days later I got a reject email. I felt this was very rude and unprofessional. Do not interview people and give false expectations when you do not have an intention to hire.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly based on Selenium frameworks , Databases and REST.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Interviewing coordinator did not let me know what time/day the phone screen was going to happen. Called me at an inconvenient time and they never made an effort to reschedule, even after I submitted the HackerRank challenge.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Technical phone screening with hiring manager: Tell me about yourself, networking questions, database questions and sorting algorithm.
    On site interview (5 rounds): Java coding from how to crack the coding interview and asked to write test cases. Networking and SQL questions.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2017.

Interview

This was easily the worst application, interview, and offer process that I've been a part of since applying to part time jobs in high school.

I felt, despite being very qualified, my time and theirs was wasted by the process that was followed. The application, interview, and offer process unnecessarily lasted multiple months, lacked professionalism on numerous occasions, and made Visa look foolish.

While I excelled in the interviews enough to warrant a job offer, the offer that was made to me was extremely low: it was not close to competitive to my current salary, my desired salary, or salaries for similar jobs in the hiring location.

Interview Questions

• How did your past education and jobs prepare you for the job you applied to?   1 Answer

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Step 1 -

Step 2 -
    Phone interview with QA Engineer at Visa.
    String str = "abc123de56" --> give sum of 123 + 56 = 178.

b) Asked few Testing related questions on TestNG and Selenium.

Step 3 - Skype interview as my location was not where the job was at.
    4 rounds by 4 different people were scheduled back to back.
    1 person did not show up so 3:30 hours schedule was cut down to 2:30 hours.

1st interview -->
    a) Algorithm questions
    Armstrong Number and Anagram

b) Questions on Testing framework and how to manage the script if it is taking a lot of time.
    c) Other basic Selenium related questions.

2nd Interview -->
    Asked questions on everything.
    Selenium --> Page Object Model,
    Java --> Interface
    Git --> where I could not answer properly. Git Statsh and Git Fetch. How to go back to a previous branch's code.
    Challenges in Agile.
    Database --> Difference between Delete and Truncate etc.

3rd Interview -->
    a) Algorithm questions -->
    Find first non-repeating character in a string using normal iterative method and then using a HashSet.
    I used LinkedHashSet --> this was the tricky part. Just go through the use of LinkedHashSet.

b) Questions on testing on mobile and Desktop.
    c) TestNG and Selenium based questions.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank Test with multiple choice questions on APIs (SOAP and REST), Selenium, Java OOP etc.   Answer Question
    • a) Gave a String algorithm question and asked to solve using Collabedit screen share.
      String str = "abc123de56" --> give sum of 123 + 56 = 178.

b) Asked few Testing related questions on TestNG and Selenium.   Answer Question
    • a) Algorithm questions
      Armstrong Number and Anagram

c) Other basic Selenium related questions.   Answer Question
    • Asked questions on everything.
      Selenium --> Page Object Model,
      Java --> Interface
      Challenges in Agile.
      Database --> Difference between Delete and Truncate etc.   Answer Question
    • a) Algorithm questions -->

b) Questions on testing on mobile and Desktop.
      c) TestNG and Selenium based questions.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

1. You must pass the recruiter filter (phone interview)
    2. You get an interview with the hiring manager (phone interview)
    3. If you pass, you will get an interview with the team members at the headquarters (personal and phone interviews)
    4. If you pass, you will get an interview with the department head (phone interview)
    5. After this, they will get together and discuss to present or not a job offer, they will send you an e-mail to let you know.
    Recruiter coordinates every interview and keep the candidate updated

Interview Questions

• Budget planning
      Job Benchmarking
      Strategic modeling and data analysis
      Excel proficiency
      Database proficiency   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer(Test Automation) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Bad experience. The job description doesn't mention that the job requires specific skill set like automation testing with Selenium using Java, or experience with DB2 database or anything like this. The job description says knowledge of at least one programming language, knowledge of database query tools, knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks etc., which I have experience with. The interviewer asked me questions for about an hour and it went well and at the end she asked me if I will be able to work on Selenium with Java and DB2. I told her I can handle it as I am currently working on Selenium with C# and databases and other tools. Then the interviewer said she can tell, I have Selenium and experience with other tools but she is worried that the team is on a tight schedule and the project they are working on needs to be completed by October. She also said the team doesn't have enough time for new hires and they will get 2 or 3 days maximum to get up to speed and start doing actual work. It's already September now and I didn't understand what she meant. Why to even select my resume and interview me when the situation was like this? I don't get why some companies post one thing in the job description and expect some thing else. Just not fair.

Interview Questions

• basic automation testing questions like how to connect to databases, how to open a browser using web driver, SQL related etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

I've been through 2 processes with Visa and both ended up the same.. never hearing back for months even after you follow up consistently. They really need to work on their HR communication. Is it so hard to update a candidate?

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a good process I appreciated the interest they had in me but I didn't get an offer. Still have a positive attitude towards the company but wish I got a job