Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2017.

Interview

First round was a technical interview with questions about past projects, technologies worked on and how does google maps and analytics works. After this, a hackerrank coding was sent with 90 minutes duration and 3 coding questions and 4 mcqs. This was very tough. All the 3 coding questions were dp.

Interview Questions

• coding question 1: given an array of 1 and 0, count the minimum number of change in positions such that all 1's are aligned to left and 0's to right. Positions can be changed only with the nearby 2 elements.   Answer Question
    • coding question 2: given an array of integers, minimum no of operations needed to make all the elements equal. While doing each increment, any one of the elements in kept fixed.   Answer Question
    • A dp question.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2016.

Interview

Had an horrible experience, essentially the recruiter kept scheduling interviews and kept rescheduling. Eventually I gave up on the process. This was an odd experience considering the recruiter reached out to me himself for the position.

Paralegal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Panel Interview led by a senior counsel and three corporate paralegals. They asked me plenty of open-ended questions. They also ask about my hobbies and what dishes I like. Some questions seem irrelevant. I was recommended to wear casual outfit to the interview.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three rounds in total and all three were technical hadoop related rounds. they were friendly and well prepared questions. Each round consisted of having to explain previous use cases. Questions about Spark, Hbase, Impala , Hive, Sqoop and Pig were asked in all the rounds. Overall a very good interview experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

My interview was conducted over the phone and consisted of purely technical questions. The interviewer spoke softly and had a rather thick accent, which I don't hold against him but ultimately made every one of his utterances extremely difficult to understand. After this interview I was explicitly told that I'd be contacted with my results within 3 weeks, but Visa neglected to ever contact me. On top of this, Visa seems to have no consistency in how they conduct their interviews. I say this because I personally know people that had Visa phone interviews around the same time that I did, but their experiences were drastically easier and favored behavioral questions over technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe Euclid's Algorithm and provide some of its real world applications.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a hash function and a secure hash function, and how would you go about altering a hash function to make it secure?   Answer Question

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (London, England (UK)) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 separate 1 hour interviews with HR and with 2 members of senior management. It was clear they were going through the motions despite me having the exact qualifications and experience to move in to this position. No feedback was given to HR by the 2 senior managers, HR took 6 weeks to notify me that I had not passed to the second round and their criteria for selection who went to the second round were based on one person only - very poor technique and very amateurish.

Staff QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Directly i got call from HR and she scheduled interview with director as he has to do screening. He was nice and asked basic logical questions on testing database core java but he focused on optimizing ways. After that, there was F2F interview, First round they focused on java then project architecture. Next, Web services. Last round was puzzles solving. That seems difficult round for me. Overall, very good experience. nice and logical interview panel.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Mexico City (Mexico)) in March 2017.

Interview

First they contacted me on Linkedin, then we had a phone call, and after that I had two interviews: one with the recruitment person and one with two Sr. Business Development Directors, one of them is currently my boss.

Interview Questions

• As a person, usually what porcentage of the conversation do you tend to absorb (any conversation)? And you can´t say "you are in the middle"   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth except Hakerrank test. My expertise is in ETL area however I have got Java questions to solve.
    When informed to HR they resend me test link with ETL questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for scheduling interview for phone interview
    The job description for interview was based on java, web services
    The interview asked around 5-10 questions
    The duration of the interview is for 20 min
    The interviewer asks questions one after the other hardly giving time to think and answer

Interview Questions

• how does ajax call work?
      what is immutable in java?   Answer Question
    • what is the difference between REST and SOAP?
      How do you create Immutable in java?   Answer Question
    • What is Get and Post method?
      Give an example where you have used to Immutable in java?   Answer Question
    • what is observer pattern ?
      What is dependency injection?   Answer Question