Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

In a hiring event, got onsite opportunities. Took an online assessment. Talked a lot about previous experience and manager asked a lot of details questions. asked about distributed and payment

Interview Questions

• recent projects and interest   1 Answer

Data Virtualization Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was face-to-face via Skype, as well as dial-in through phone. The interview process was really smooth, at the end of the interview I told them based on what I had spoke with the technical person, I might not be the right candidate for this position and we disconnected through Skype.
    They forgot to disconnect the phone line. I heard them talk how "disappointing" the interview was, among other negative comments they made . Not only was this extremely unprofessional, but also disrespectful. If they did not consider me a suitable candidate, then just send me a rejection email offering some constructive criticism instead of negatively judging your interviewee in a hurtful manner with such a tone of malice.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed. I hadn't had any prior call center experience, yet I was invited to a phone interview. It was by far the best phone interview experience I've ever had. The recruiter interviewing me was very friendly - he even took extra time (about 30 minutes) during the initial interview to explain the job in more detail because I didn't know what it would be like to work at a call center (things like metrics, shift bids, etc.). The phone call took about an hour in total. At the end of the call, we set up a time for me to come by the Visa office to take a tour of the place, as well as take two short assessments. If you pass the assessments, you are then offered to proceed to a final interview with managers. The first test took me about 10 minutes and was data entry. It mainly tests your listening skills and attention to detail (know how to spell and read directions). The other test took me about 15-20 minutes and was multiple choice call center scenarios. I heard back later on the same day I took the assessments that they decided to move forward with other candidates (that multiple choice really tripped me up, but wouldn't be difficult for someone with more experience). Overall, it was a great experience. The recruiter who interviewed me, gave me a tour, and administered the tests was really personable - at the end of the tour/test taking, they even (probably seeing my sorry test score ahead of time) softened the blow by talking me through some more ways to gain experience if I wanted to apply to another premier call center in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to multi-task across multiple mediums (phone, email, web, etc.). How did you handle it? What did your supervisor think of your performance?   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Centreville, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through 6 interviews 1 interview over the phone with the recruiter. 2 interviews over the phone with two different directors. 3 different interviews in person with two paired directors and 1 director. Waited over 3 weeks to hear I was not accepted. Long vigorous process and multiple recruiters and people scheduling interviews.

Analyst Interview

Interview

First had a phone screen with the HR, who briefed about the role and asked general questions. Next had a 30min phone interview with a member of the team, the interviewer didn't seem quite interested in my profile, seemed like he needed someone that had extensive experience with data analysis !

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

It was a simple telephonic round on the basics of android and work experience. Telephonic interview typically lasted around 30 mins on General mobile tech stuff and basic android question. The interview was not hard.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview for about 15 mins.
    Basic Java questions on collections, multithreading, synchronization, exception handling, OOPS concepts, how to make object immutable etc

1st round - to implement sorting - list of names in a string by ascending and design order. Laptop was given and asked to code in an IDE.

2nd round - discussion on design patterns, code on white board to implement a singleton pattern and write a junit for the same, few behavioral questions like why u, agile methodology, general discussion on technologies used from my resume

3rd round - write code on a white board to implement a tree and add an element at a particular node

4th round - phone interview since the interviewer couldn’t make it. Why contracting, technologies used in my previous projects, technical questions like - heap vs stack, multithreading, synchronization, java pass by value, compare strings (equals or == and why)

5th round - to implement sorting of strings, write jUnit for the same and mock db call

Interview Questions

• write code on a white board to implement a tree and add an element at a particular node   Answer Question
    • code to implement sorting of a list of strings   Answer Question
    • write jUnit for the same and mock db call   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was nothing out of the usual, mainly behavioral as far as questions go. Interviewed me with no intent to hire. Only because of professional relationships with hiring VP. Only generic decline. When asked why, it was stated that I had a strong background and high recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Asked program manager and general experience and questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a Human Resources recruiter, only a couple days after I applied online. The recruiter was very calm, understanding, and took the time to get to know me. They provided a great description, hours, rate of pay, etc on that phone call. Then, they scheduled me to come in for assessment testing, as well as a tour of the building. You need to pas the assessment test in order to get a final interview. The assessment test was data entry (know how to spell), and customer service scenario questions that were multiple choice. I then was told I will have a final face to face interview the following week. I met with two managers, and they asked situational questions. I was nervous, and felt my chances weren't the greatest at getting the job, do to my anxiety. However, they offered me the position right after the interview ended, and I even got to pick my hours!

Overall, I personally think this was a great experience.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went well. Recruiter stated he did not want me in the job because I was too experienced. I stated that it would be a good place to start and understand the company. Although he was nice to speak with - I have applied for 3 other jobs and within 2 weeks the jobs have been pulled or cancelled. I’m not sure what is going on with the VP at the Austin location, but these is weird.

Interview Questions

• Experience in dealing with customers and customers on-line or phone.   1 Answer