Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2017.

Interview

Technical phone interview was good, coding challenge was very difficult. 7 questions: 3 coding questions, 4 multiple choice questions. All coding questions were dynamic programming questions. One of the questions did not make sense and I explicitly stated to the recruiter afterward my concerns with the question asked and that I did not understand and would like some clarification if possible. Did not receive anything except an email stating I would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Segregate 1s and 0s in an array using the least amount of possibly swaps/moves.   Answer Question
    • Count the number of ways to arrange 1-N consecutive numbers in an array of length N such that the ith number does not go into the ith index of the array.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Vienna, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Long, but friendly and appropriate. The questions asked were thought provoking but easy to answer for an experienced applicant. I am looking forward to the next interview. It would be nice if there were fewer interviews.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2017.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was of 30 min. Walk through of my resume. Asked questions on multithreading, algorithm for a problem, hadoop basic questions and sql inner joins.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading concepts, Hash maps and hash tables concepts, hadoop, sql inner joins concepts   Answer Question

Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First round 30 minute phone interview with a member of the team. Second round 30 minute phone interview with another member of the team, same level. Third round final 30 minute interview with a more senior member of the team. All asked the usual why Visa, why this team, past failures/successes, etc.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for a contract position through a Recruiting company. Recruiter screened with a coding exercise followed by Telephonic screening and then Onsite interview. Telephonic had questions on Core java and other technologies I mentioned in my resume

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Oct 13, 2016, for the position of Intern - Software Engineering. Got a call only in Feb 2017. Sometimes it takes that long. The interview process was smooth. The first round was some algorithms and data structures questions for 30 mins. Next was an HackerRank challenge that people usually get. It had two questions. Finally, there was an interview with a senior director of a team where he tested concepts in many topics like Java, REST, databases, architectures, etc. Fair interviews, getting the call, however, is the key.

Interview Questions

• Duplicates in an array, string manipulation, microservices architecture, REST concepts   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Phone interview with HR then Manager

In person was more of a fit-type interview-- why Visa, what relevant experience do you have? What are you thoughts on payments, Excel skills.

Where do you see your career progressing in the next 2-3 yrs? Why do you think payments is exciting?

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate how much money would be earned in increasing the gas tax by $0.10   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in October. Got a hackerrank test in december, followed by three telephonic rounds. First telephonic interview was about technologies on the resume and basic knowledge testing questions such as design patterns, shell commands, multithreading concepts. Interviewer gave overview of what the team does. The second round was also technical, but was simpler than the first. Last round was HR. Basic behavioral questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If a user complains of performance issues, how will you troubleshoot it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

3 stage process. First round was a phone screen. A general overview of what the company does and what position are you being interviewed for. Walk-through resume and projects listed on it. Some technical questions on technologies used in projects. Second round was a Hackerrank test - 1 hour 2 questions. One question was fairly simple on string manipulations, second was a tricky one. If you clear Hackerrank, final round is again a phone interview with upper management, which is more or less similar to first phone screen. Additionally, they ask you about your career goals to check if the job role is aligned or not.
    Note: Know your resume very well.

Interview Questions

• Relational and NoSQL Databases
      Projects listed on resume
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes which I cleared. Then I was asked to complete an online hackerrank coding challenge of 60 mins.There were 2 questions and I was able to solve both of them but I didn't notice the time and couldn't click on submit for the second question and it remained unanswered. Because of that I couldn't clear the second round.

Interview Questions

• Online challenge was related to string manipulations and numbers.   Answer Question