Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Oct 2016 and got call by March 2017. I applied for System Analyst position but they tagged me to a different role(Systems Engineer) that more suits my profile. First round was a telephonic interview, question were related to OOPS concepts, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Javascript, AngularJS, bootstrap and few behavioral questions. Second round was a hackerrank challenge, 6 questions, 2 questions were related to string manipulations and arrays related in coding part. 4 questions were MCQs related to big-O complexities and tree traversals.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

It was 3 round interview with basic questions on Java, Hadoop, Spark,mapreduce, Pig, Hive. They asked about my previous experience and brief description about previous project . First round was phone interview followed by Skype round and Face to face

Interview Questions

• What is MapReduce, What is the difference between Hadoop and Traditional RDBMS   Answer Question

Corporate Strategy Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

After having a current employee submit my resume internally had 5 phone interviews over about a month and a half before hearing back. After asking for feedback from the recruiter on my perceived shortcomings several times, the recruiter actually blocked my email.

Product Director Interview

Interview

Round of interviews with business and HR. Case approach. The interviewers have been in their positions for 10+ years with strong background in technology and business. Their approach was very friendly but with very sharp questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the competition and how do you think we are compared to them.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very long interview process. I applied online in November 2016 was contacted in December and had 4 phone interviews in January. Then flew up for an all day with 3 of the people I would be interviewing for (who I had spoken to) and 3 additional people. In the end I was not offered the job. But I was okay with this as it seemed to a very corporate environment that was trying to change but that there were a lot of obstacles in place.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to put together a short presentation and then was asked the normal interview questions as they related to the job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview screening with Talent Acquisition Manager. Followed up by phone interview with Financial Analyst Manager. After passing both phone interviews - Visa onsite interview with 6 members of the Finance team. Each interview was 30 minutes. Met with various levels of employees from Senior Financial Analyst to Senior Finance Director. Was very organized and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Basic get to know you questions and a quick rundown of your resume. When have you reviewed   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2017.

Interview

Technical phone interview was good, coding challenge was very difficult. 7 questions: 3 coding questions, 4 multiple choice questions. All coding questions were dynamic programming questions. One of the questions did not make sense and I explicitly stated to the recruiter afterward my concerns with the question asked and that I did not understand and would like some clarification if possible. Did not receive anything except an email stating I would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Segregate 1s and 0s in an array using the least amount of possibly swaps/moves.   Answer Question
    • Count the number of ways to arrange 1-N consecutive numbers in an array of length N such that the ith number does not go into the ith index of the array.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Vienna, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Long, but friendly and appropriate. The questions asked were thought provoking but easy to answer for an experienced applicant. I am looking forward to the next interview. It would be nice if there were fewer interviews.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2017.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was of 30 min. Walk through of my resume. Asked questions on multithreading, algorithm for a problem, hadoop basic questions and sql inner joins.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading concepts, Hash maps and hash tables concepts, hadoop, sql inner joins concepts   Answer Question

Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First round 30 minute phone interview with a member of the team. Second round 30 minute phone interview with another member of the team, same level. Third round final 30 minute interview with a more senior member of the team. All asked the usual why Visa, why this team, past failures/successes, etc.