Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.8

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for a contract position through a Recruiting company. Recruiter screened with a coding exercise followed by Telephonic screening and then Onsite interview. Telephonic had questions on Core java and other technologies I mentioned in my resume

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Oct 13, 2016, for the position of Intern - Software Engineering. Got a call only in Feb 2017. Sometimes it takes that long. The interview process was smooth. The first round was some algorithms and data structures questions for 30 mins. Next was an HackerRank challenge that people usually get. It had two questions. Finally, there was an interview with a senior director of a team where he tested concepts in many topics like Java, REST, databases, architectures, etc. Fair interviews, getting the call, however, is the key.

Interview Questions

• Duplicates in an array, string manipulation, microservices architecture, REST concepts   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth except Hakerrank test. My expertise is in ETL area however I have got Java questions to solve.
    When informed to HR they resend me test link with ETL questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Phone interview with HR then Manager

In person was more of a fit-type interview-- why Visa, what relevant experience do you have? What are you thoughts on payments, Excel skills.

Where do you see your career progressing in the next 2-3 yrs? Why do you think payments is exciting?

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate how much money would be earned in increasing the gas tax by $0.10   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in October. Got a hackerrank test in december, followed by three telephonic rounds. First telephonic interview was about technologies on the resume and basic knowledge testing questions such as design patterns, shell commands, multithreading concepts. Interviewer gave overview of what the team does. The second round was also technical, but was simpler than the first. Last round was HR. Basic behavioral questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If a user complains of performance issues, how will you troubleshoot it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

3 stage process. First round was a phone screen. A general overview of what the company does and what position are you being interviewed for. Walk-through resume and projects listed on it. Some technical questions on technologies used in projects. Second round was a Hackerrank test - 1 hour 2 questions. One question was fairly simple on string manipulations, second was a tricky one. If you clear Hackerrank, final round is again a phone interview with upper management, which is more or less similar to first phone screen. Additionally, they ask you about your career goals to check if the job role is aligned or not.
    Note: Know your resume very well.

Interview Questions

• Relational and NoSQL Databases
      Projects listed on resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview for about 30 minutes which I cleared. Then I was asked to complete an online hackerrank coding challenge of 60 mins.There were 2 questions and I was able to solve both of them but I didn't notice the time and couldn't click on submit for the second question and it remained unanswered. Because of that I couldn't clear the second round.

Interview Questions

• Online challenge was related to string manipulations and numbers.   Answer Question

Softwaren Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Campus interview, walked through my resume, write an algorithm on LinkedList on the interviewer's laptop, and asked a machine learning question about the model and feature selection in detecting spam.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted a month or two after submitting the application. First round was a phone interview with 2 senior directors, second round was a call from the vp of the department.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions; Tell about a time where you were responsible for overseeing a project from start to finish.. Were you successful? How?   Answer Question

Senior Director Strategic Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

In January, I applied along with an internal referral for the role, had 1 call with the recruiter and 1 call with the hiring manager, after which I was told I would be brought in for on-site interviews next.

After 7 weeks of checking in, being told the hiring manager was traveling and hard to track down, they cancelled the process (only after I had internal contacts push on the recruiter). I'd given up on this role after about 3 weeks of not getting on to next steps and it's good to know officially, but pretty poor recruiting process overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your book-of-business approach to get in with new partners?   1 Answer