Visa Inc. Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very long interview process. I applied online in November 2016 was contacted in December and had 4 phone interviews in January. Then flew up for an all day with 3 of the people I would be interviewing for (who I had spoken to) and 3 additional people. In the end I was not offered the job. But I was okay with this as it seemed to a very corporate environment that was trying to change but that there were a lot of obstacles in place.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to put together a short presentation and then was asked the normal interview questions as they related to the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Email communication followed by an unscheduled call by a recruiter few minutes before the actual interview. While the interview went fine, there was a lack of professionalism in the communication process. I got an automated email saying the position was filled despite having actual conversations with actual people. Looking at the employee satisfaction ratings on Glassdoor, I might have dodged a bullet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Went through interview process on campus first, thought it went really well, was emailed a month later saying they moved forward with other candidates. About 6 months later they emailed me saying they were doing final round of interviews and asked when I was available. I interviewed over the phone with a lady who ended up conducting the interview in Spanish. I was very unprepared for this. Mostly behavioral questions. Didn't get the internship because they wanted a fluent spanish speaker.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you have a deadline coming up and you don't think you'll meet that deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

I found some parts of the Visa interview process to be terribly frustrating and unprofessional and in my opinion, no part of any interview process should be unprofessional, especially since I'm prone to believe that the interview process is rather indicative of what working life is like at a company......

A few things:

- I originally recruited through on-campus recruiting, applying for a Strategy position. When I was invited back for the final rounds, I was told that role no longer existed and so I could apply for finance, marketing or product development. I chose marketing.. as it was the closest available option to my skill set. I could've just turned down the interview but figured that they wouldn't bring me back if they didnt think I was capable of the other roles available.....I later found out that I was not hired because I didnt have a strong enough marketing background and that they thought my skill set was more suited for a strategy role......
    - The interviews lasted nearly all day from around 9a to 3:30p, including an interview during lunch. I had to awkwardly try to eat my sandwich while being interviewed. I found it annoying but maybe they were just preparing us for what working at Visa would be like?
    -Visa HR forgot (twice) to call me to let me know that I didnt get a job. They originally told us that we'd hear back within 2-3 weeks. When 3 weeks passed and I hadn't heard back, I emailed the recruiter to touch base who responded via email that the other HR person had "forgotten" to call me. He then wanted to schedule a time to talk which I found rather painful since it was pretty obvious that I hadn't gotten the job at that point. I scheduled a call with him and then he forgot to call AGAIN. He called a few hours later and left a message saying he got caught up doing something else but didnt bother giving me the news over vmail (which is fair....but he basically already did when he told me I was "forgotten" about so I found this to be rather annoying. We then proceeded to play phone tag a few times until it got to the point where I just told him to update me over email or voice mail b/c I was tired of playing phone tag. Given it is HR's job to interact with candidates, I found it ridiculous that this process dragged on for over a month and a half, and that they were so unprofessional in the process.

Hopefully this was a freak occurence and not Visa's standard HR process!

As for interview tips/questions:

I was asked to describe my brand - i.e. how would I market myself?
    I had a couple case studies (involving electronic payments as to be expected)
    the rest were mainly behavioral, asking about past experience, tell me a time when....., and the expected - why do you want to work at Visa, why this role, etc.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

Application
    I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Singapore (Singapore)).
    Interview
    Applied online. F2F meeting and a phone call afterwards. The interview went smoothly and I was told to send a follow-up email with my clips and portfolio. Then they went cold turkey for a few weeks - it was a bad experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Be familiar with what the job description entails. Ask relevant questions

Negotiation

Ask for a higher base pay as bonus payout is not attractive

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2009.

Interview

It took about a month from my application for me to be scheduled for an interview. The interviewer was obviously in a rush, and had a lot of difficult questions, some of which were related to the skills necessary for the job, others totally unrelated. At the same time they were also very professional, and answered all of my questions honestly and openly. I was then told to contact HR for the feedback or any other questions about the position or the process.

Interview Questions

• If you were to get 100 Christmas trees unloaded on your door step in the middle of July, what would you do with them?   3 Answers