Visa Inc. Network Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Network Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Round one - Phone interview with HR asking about previous work experience, education, salary expectation, location etc.

Round two - Technical phone interview with two team members

Round Three - Technical/ HR interview with Lead and Manager of the team

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Got the interview at a convention. First I talked to one of their recruiters at their booth and got scheduled for an interview with the VP the following day. I guess the recruiter did a great job in recommending me and that made the interview with the VP a cakewalk.

The VP asked me to walk him through my Resume and since most of the repeated words I used was "troubleshooting", He asked me to describe a scenario where I troubleshoot and fixed a network issue. He was impressed with our discussion and my Resume (having my CCIE in view) and decided to move forward with my candidacy.

The HR contacted me less than 24 hours to apply for the position online and filled out my information. There are bunch of scenario questions in the application but very easy if you have a story to tell. Shortly after submission, I was contacted by the Global Network Team Lead and it was more like a touch base. No technical questions but guess He could judge my technical skills from our brief discussion.

I was told to choose between their office in Denver, Colorado and Ashburn, Virginia and after taking a decision, I got an offer after about 2 days.

The pain in getting to Visa is the on-boarding/background checks. Visa undergoes intense background checks and could take longer than anticipated. Mine is now about 5-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1. Please walk me through your Resume
      2. Tell me a time you troubleshoot a network issue and how you fixed it.
      3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      4. Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Visa offers a competitive salary and benefits so there was no need for any negotiation. It was good enough for a new grad.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2012.

Interview

first the recruiter called and set up a 1:1 - CCNP level questions asked.
    HR called back within a few days with a job offer. All in al everything was taken care of within two weeks.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interviewer discuss the job description and the shift hours including the number of staffs in US, India and Singapore. Then, ask you if you agree to work on weekends with only you on-shift. Then, proceed with your resume details , ask questions about your resume and lastly the technical interview. The interview told me that there is atleast 3 rounds if they selected the candidate they will discuss it with the US manager.

Interview Questions

• TCP handshake, BGP attributes, advantage of EIGRP over OSPF,conversion from binary to decimal, OSPF etc   Answer Question