Visa Inc. Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.5

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

3 interview rounds:

Round 1: telephonic interview. Basic screening. Approximately 15 minutes.

Round 2: skype Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people. It was a behavioral interview. It lasted for about 1.5 hours. I was asked multiple questions about how I accomplished a task as well as what I learned about the technologies.

Round 3: HR round

This was pretty straightforward and I was assured right away that I was in!

Interview Questions

• How did you explain someone about the project which they weren't at all aware of?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a task where you had so many difficulties?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me. Had a great phone interview. Onsite interview was scheduled with to meet with several different team members, including a webinar with a person in Singapore.

Interview Questions

• All standard questions, with the exception of the person in Singapore who asked me to come up with SQL queries on the fly. Was awkward because there wasn't any content, or any sense of rapport created in the opening. And he was late for the call.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

It was a very long interview process that required many conversions with multiple people at all levels of the organization. It gave me the opportunity to really think about my decision to change career paths. There seems to be a lot of internal communication between multiple areas to make decisions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the right person for this job.   1 Answer
    • what do you know about the company and the services.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

5 interviewers at different levels in the org

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online, received an email from the recruiter less than a week later. Had two phone interviews (with recruiter then hiring manager) - then was asked to come into the office. Participated in back to back 30 minute interviews from my future colleagues (counterparts, peers, team mates).

Most of the interview was them telling me about their job, the role I was apply for, and only a few pointed questions about my resume (not much you can get through in 30 minutes). Everyone was well prepared and friendly. I was just honest as could be and asked a lot of questions to determine the company culture and the "unknowns" - so the interview was really from both perspectives. I received an offer about a week and a half after the marathon of in person interviews. Then my background check took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What kind of working environment is most comfortable for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for what you feel your worth. Like all large companies, the recruiter and HR have to base the $ on a pre-defined pay scale. There really isn't much room for negitiation generally - but Visa does compensate their employees very well from what I have been able to surmise.