Visa Inc. QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. QA Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

it's not too hard. they will go through your CV, and check how much your experience match their needs. Four persons to give interview, each about 45Minutes. Basically ask questions about what you have done, how you did it...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at the career fair. She emailed me a month later to schedule an OCR with a senior Enginer and the head director of engineering. I was interviewed on school for an hour and they were super nice. A week later HR called me and told me that I was accepted as an intern at visa. They gave me a relocating fee which was really generous.

Interview Questions

• How many times does the big hand and the small hand pass in 24 hours?   1 Answer
    • What term do you use to describe the repetition of developing and testing over and over?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume to a job portal for my university. Got contacted for an on campus interview and answered a couple questions about my resume/projects, previous courses then got asked 2 technical questions in which I got to write code on a whiteboard. It was mostly a personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX).

Interview

Three Rounds:

Round 1:
    What is Test Plan and contents of it.
    What are different risks to a project
    What is Agile and are the teams located in same location
    How will you test High Availability in Data center
    In Perl how will you delete the trailing space
    What is Authorization in credit card terminology
    What 3 things should a project have before you decide on a job offer
    What thing you would not like a project to have while deciding on a job offer
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of Agile

Round 2:
    Given a login form what all test cases can you design which also covers Database testing the business rules
    In Soap UI other than WSDL which is the other thing you test
    What is the difference between class variable and instance variable
    Find the error in a Java Program (Related to instantiation of a class variable)
    About Security Testing
    What is the difference between inner join and outer join
    What is the difference between unique key and primary key

Round 3 By Developer

What is the difference between Junit and TestNG
    What are the Web Services , how will you test them
    What is regression , how often will you run it
    What is the difference between White box testing and black box testing
    What is Unit testing. Is compliation error comes under unit testing
    Why is testing important what will you do if you encounter any problem in testing
    How will you find a file containing 'change ' word in the sub directories
    What is behavioral testing, test driven design
    How will you decide what to automate and what not to automate

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

First had short phone screen then arranged a in-person.
    Started with one person, then became a panel after 20 minutes.
    Asked general questions about process, programming languages, basic skills and a lot about agile.

Interview Questions

• How did you explain you largest blunder to upper management   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

had 2 phone screen and one face to face interview.The process was smooth

Interview Questions

• Java questions , SOAP REST web services,WSDL etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Hi,

I would like to give a honest review about my interview process.
    My first interview was with 1:1 with I dont know who. She never introduced herself. but staight way jumped into questions before even entering into the room and be sitted.

Questions were not relevant to QA role. Which QA [tester] will alter table column in db. Is QA allowed to change db structure. So then why this questions.

The interview panel expected you to know coding in java. I dont understand, if we are expect to code who will do actual testing.!!???

Thanks.

Interview Questions

I don't think I want to do Coding.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process took 1+ month in total, consisting of 3 rounds -- phone interview, online coding test and face-to-face interview. The phone interview was a basic screening, you will be asked questions on how to test particular items, some simple SQL questions and basic questions on algorithms. There is also the standard questions of sharing your relevant experiences. The online coding test had around 3 questions and they were of moderate difficulty. For the physical interview, there are 3 rounds -- role specific, technical skills and the last one is behavioral.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2011.

Interview

I had applied online on monster. Initially had a phone screen with the company recruiter followed by a technical phone interview and then a 1:1 onsite interview

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online.
    Phone screen was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Asked about testing, discussed about equivalence partitioning, some scripting and simple coding.   Answer Question