Visa Inc. Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

176 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Terribly slow recruiter. It was obvious they were not on top of things. Trying to set up a simple recruiter screening was a month of delayed responses, canceled schedules, followed up with no response to the point that I just gave up.
    This being the first interaction with a company, this reflects really poorly on them.

Executive Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with several people in one visit. Every interviewer was distracted, unprepared, and late. They all asked the exact same questions. Every single one. The most basic/generic questions. One interviewer texted and checked emails. One interviewer asked if I had experience, giving away she didn't read my resume. Most disappointing was the team leader. She left room to take a call! This was an unwelcoming team and dry interview.

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

3 step process - Initial shortlisting, phone interview by director, 2nd round phone interview by senior director, 3rd round face to face interview, followed by background check. Total pro was time was about a month.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Had 2, 30 minute on-campus interviews. Basically all behavioral questions, nothing hard whatsoever. 2 weeks go by, then I was invited for a superday interview in the Bay Area. Consisted of 4, 30-minute interviews. They told me before that there would be some case questions, but there were none. Called me a week later to say that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Why Visa?
      How does Visa make money?
      What do you think are Visa's biggest competitors?   Answer Question

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I dropped my resume at the career fair held at my university and I had separately applied as well. I got a mail scheduling 2 face-to-face interviews at the campus on the same day. The first face to face interview that lasted 30 - 45 minutes was a combination of basic Core Java questions which I had listed as my top skill and also a lot of behavioral questions. I prepared from the past intern experiences from glassdoor which was very helpful. The second face to face interview, I was asked about Spring and Maven which was required for that particular team for which I was being interviewed. Seeing I was not very familiar with those, I was asked a simple whiteboard question, which was the ransom note problem. The interviewer was very helpful and friendly and helped me optimise the solution. After this, I heard from them the next day itself, which was an invite for a hackerrank challenge. It was moderately difficult with 2 questions in 90 min. I got the result next day itself which was a last and final skype video call, in which I was asked about my projects on my resume, lots of sql, java questions, system design - to design a shopping site, questions about scalability, race conditions, and current projects at my university. Overall it was an easy interview that lasted another 30-45 min. I got the offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Tech - Inheritance vs Composition, OOPs, Linkedlist vs Arraylist, String vs String buffer, Multithreading, Multiprocessing
      Behavioural - How would you resolve conflict with coworker, will you work 24x7, your long term goal, why should we hire you, how would you handle a negative client, describe a time you went over and beyond etc   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Great interview process! Recruiter reached out to me via e-mail, had a phone screen with him and then scheduled two separate phone calls with senior executives at the Innovation Center.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Berkeley, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick. Two puzzle questions, and a review over the resume and interests. For the process of the interviews, the beginning came with HR, then transitioned into an interviewer with a technical background.

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Step 1 -

Step 2 -
    Phone interview with QA Engineer at Visa.
    String str = "abc123de56" --> give sum of 123 + 56 = 178.

b) Asked few Testing related questions on TestNG and Selenium.

Step 3 - Skype interview as my location was not where the job was at.
    4 rounds by 4 different people were scheduled back to back.
    1 person did not show up so 3:30 hours schedule was cut down to 2:30 hours.

1st interview -->
    a) Algorithm questions
    Armstrong Number and Anagram

b) Questions on Testing framework and how to manage the script if it is taking a lot of time.
    c) Other basic Selenium related questions.

2nd Interview -->
    Asked questions on everything.
    Selenium --> Page Object Model,
    Java --> Interface
    Git --> where I could not answer properly. Git Statsh and Git Fetch. How to go back to a previous branch's code.
    Challenges in Agile.
    Database --> Difference between Delete and Truncate etc.

3rd Interview -->
    a) Algorithm questions -->
    Find first non-repeating character in a string using normal iterative method and then using a HashSet.
    I used LinkedHashSet --> this was the tricky part. Just go through the use of LinkedHashSet.

b) Questions on testing on mobile and Desktop.
    c) TestNG and Selenium based questions.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank Test with multiple choice questions on APIs (SOAP and REST), Selenium, Java OOP etc.   Answer Question
    • a) Gave a String algorithm question and asked to solve using Collabedit screen share.
      String str = "abc123de56" --> give sum of 123 + 56 = 178.

b) Asked few Testing related questions on TestNG and Selenium.   Answer Question
    • a) Algorithm questions
      Armstrong Number and Anagram

c) Other basic Selenium related questions.   Answer Question
    • Asked questions on everything.
      Selenium --> Page Object Model,
      Java --> Interface
      Challenges in Agile.
      Database --> Difference between Delete and Truncate etc.   Answer Question
    • a) Algorithm questions -->

b) Questions on testing on mobile and Desktop.
      c) TestNG and Selenium based questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview for about 15 mins.
    Basic Java questions on collections, multithreading, synchronization, exception handling, OOPS concepts, how to make object immutable etc

1st round - to implement sorting - list of names in a string by ascending and design order. Laptop was given and asked to code in an IDE.

2nd round - discussion on design patterns, code on white board to implement a singleton pattern and write a junit for the same, few behavioral questions like why u, agile methodology, general discussion on technologies used from my resume

3rd round - write code on a white board to implement a tree and add an element at a particular node

4th round - phone interview since the interviewer couldn’t make it. Why contracting, technologies used in my previous projects, technical questions like - heap vs stack, multithreading, synchronization, java pass by value, compare strings (equals or == and why)

5th round - to implement sorting of strings, write jUnit for the same and mock db call

Interview Questions

• write code on a white board to implement a tree and add an element at a particular node   Answer Question
    • code to implement sorting of a list of strings   Answer Question
    • write jUnit for the same and mock db call   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

45 minutes of phone screen which involves coding exercise and if you clear that you are called for onsite. I was surprised by the response as even though i was able to give the correct solution i was not called for onsite interview..

Interview Questions

• Coding exercise to find the depth of the ancestors in a tree.   Answer Question