Visa Inc. Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Referred to Visa by existing employee as part of employee referral program. Despite the inside assistance, I was not contacted by HR for 2 months. HR moves at glacial pace. It took regular follow-up calls by my contact to secure initial phone interview. HR asked basic questions and had me walk through last few positions, reasons for leaving, job challenges. It took 4 more weeks to schedule separate on-site interviews with hiring manager and his boss. A few more weeks passed before I was extended an offer. Visa likes to bring people in low and tout their "talent management" process for advancement. Fact is they bring you in low so you can get promoted to the level you had previously in about 3 years. The pay will be better so if you don't mind a lousy title with a decent salary you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you had with a client and how you turned it around.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR is generally unyielding on title and salary. They will tout benefits (good) and facility amenities i.e.,gym, cafeteria. Be prepared to get very little over initial offer but definitely push back.