Visa Inc. Senior Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was nothing out of the usual, mainly behavioral as far as questions go. Interviewed me with no intent to hire. Only because of professional relationships with hiring VP. Only generic decline. When asked why, it was stated that I had a strong background and high recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Asked program manager and general experience and questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Process took a very long time (nearly 4 months all told once the position was approved), all meetings are set up remotely from an out of state administrative center that seems to be very inefficient. However I had great interviews with the hiring manager and internal direct reports. I had two lengthy in person interviews with the hiring manager, plus a phone screen and in person interviews with a few SVPs. The HR scheduling time, background check and responsiveness seemed to drag out the process way more than necessary. In the end it was the right fit.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

I had a nice phone interview with the recruiter. I was told that I was coming into the process late, but would be recommended for a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was the last I heard from them despite my following up with voicemail and email. A couple of months later I received the automated "Thanks-but-no-thanks" email.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with a global organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Process is formal and deliberate, with checks and balances to ensure fit within Visa and fit for the role. It takes a while to navigate and turn around between rounds but the communication is professional and thoughtful throughout the process. Good people, you get a sense for the company, and HR does what they do -- filter!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

I work in New York and applied for a position in Singapore as I was looking to move to Asia. I had an initial HR screen on phone and then 3 more interviews on phone - 2 business leaders and 1 HR leader from Asia. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Phone interviews can be challenging but they went really well. The questions were about my background, why Visa, why the role, fit assessment, etc. There were no technical questions and I thought I had done quite well. Got great feedback from all the interviewers.

I followed up 2 weeks after initial interviews and I got a reply saying I wasn't selected for the final round as they thought even though I had good experience, when it came to business advisory experience, knowledge of the Asia region etc there were other stronger candidates. I was surprised to hear that as I was not asked a single question about either of the above topics so the judgement was made without actually testing those much.

In the end it felt a bit disappointing as I felt I wasn't given a fair shot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Perhaps the one that made me think a bit was what I would do in the first 60 days   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Miami, FL).

Interview

Pretty standard interview process with the hiring managers. LAC HR recruiter brought a refreshing spin to my interview process, exceptional! Felt challenged and compelled to answer his questions, over all a great process well done Visa!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter outlined expectations from the start no negotiation needed, would have hoped for a bit more but I am very happy with the offer

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Typical of big company: Phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with manager, then in-person with manager, peers and business partners before final in-person interview with manager's boss. (Warning: both the recruiter and the manager oversold the level of autonomy and responsibility for this position; I was sold a bill of goods that was not at all real when I got there.)

Interview Questions

• Easy, routine questions. Turnover is so high there that I think they just wanted to get me on board.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2011.

Interview

Standard interview process. Lots of people over multiple days. Multiple locations. A long time ago so I don't remember much. Most of the people who interviewed me are long gone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Was contacted through the HR department. Short phone interview with the HR lady. Then with the hiring manager. Then a week later with a person working with the hiring manager (an important relationship person). Then met the wider team...7 more people. About 10 days later, sent an email saying "sorry, we've chosen someone else".

Asked for feedback 3 times and they never responded back. Process was handled fine except the end - why not provide feedback?

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2011.

Interview

Too many interviews. There are around 5-6 rounds with different stakeholders, but very repetitive. Doesn't look like they have a specific task in mind, just seems like a collaborative decision process in which each interviewer has a veto.