Visa Inc. Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Some recruiting person contacted me and forwarded my resume, cover letter to Visa Inc. Got an email from Visa with Hackerrank test. After submitting the hackerrank coding challenger, got the email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was with the Director. It was good, asked about my projects and technology I worked on. After this scheduled onsite interview at Foster City. There were 3 members and they asked various coding and designing questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2016.

Interview

Process took just a week. HR contacted me as she liked my LinkedIn profile. Scheduled a half an hour interview with a lead title holder and the interview got postponed twice. In this process they shared Hackerrank challenge to be solved in 3 days. So I had interview and the challenge on the same day but the interviewer was some new person.
    Interview Experience: Asked academic project related questions. Disadvantages of TF-IDF as the interviewer saw that term on my resume.
    What data structure would you use to find a the longest word starting with "CATER" when given a dictionary of words. (the words can be CATERS, CATERERS, CATERING). Output should be Catering.
    How do you access private variables from outside a class without using getter and setter methods.
    Explain about the heap and stack memories.
    Garbage collector is called on heap or stack?
    Explain about the Decorator design patter
    Explain about Comparator and Comparable
    Difference between HashMap and HashTable
    What is Hypervisor?

Hackerrank
    A problem on Roy's lucky number and another problem on overloading the methods of Comparator

Interview Questions

• Hackerrank
      Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process was a big waste of time. Their HR/recruiters need to get their act together. They don't pay attention to important details such as salary expectations and really need to work on their scheduling. They also don't know how to counter offer... I don't think they understand the concept.

Interview Questions

• Expect silly skill assesment tests. Interview questions are pretty basic... mostly coding 101 type of questions and other more specialized questions depending on the job.   Answer Question

I turned down their 1st offer because I had a much better offer on the table. Their counter offer was almost laughable... I mean why even present an offer you know is $30-35K short with no other incentive to make it competitive?

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for Staff Software Engineer position online using VISA carreers site. Got call from recruiter after 1 week. Talked briefly about my skills and experience and scheduled series of interviews. went through 8 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• All techinical questions, Java, Web Services, Algorithims, data base related, application performance improvement etc. Its all one on one interviews   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process to the Data Technology team in Foster city. Very nice recruiter contacted me to set up the 45 min phone screening. The process: Phone Screening with Lead software engineer, HackerRank test, on site interviews

Interview Questions

• Two arraylists, in the first there are 1000000000 records and in the second - 1000, what will be the most efficient way to find if the biggest array has any members from the smaller one   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

Interview

VERY GOOD PLANNING AND COMMUNICATION. Started with an initial phone screen that was HR+few Java questions, then a test was picked up from a set of Java online tests, finally a coding round with senior developer.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, simple java code to write method with loops.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Interview process at VISA is really conducted in a professional manner. Though its bit slow but its detailed and you will have the feel that you are being interviewed for Tier 1 company. have patience and improve your professional and technical knowledge to get thru... Good Luck.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn and asked for a resume. The recruiter set up a phone interview one week later with 3 software engineers and a "Sr. Business Leader". The interview was very short (~20 minutes) and included a few technical questions. After answering some general questions about my experience, I was asked how comfortable I was with C++. It was a pretty good experience but two of the interviewers had thick Indian accents which I often struggled with. Also, I didn't get a chance to ask any of my own questions (of which I had many), which was a bummer. This was the first of at least two interviews, but I was given an offer after only the phone interview because I was able to answer the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you access a linked list node at some arbitrary position 'n' in C++?   2 Answers
    • In C++ what are the different ways you can pass data into a method?   1 Answer
    • What are the primitive data types in C++?   1 Answer
    • What are the bitwise operators?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am currently negotiating.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Firstly, you should apply for the job in the visa career website and then waiting for a call taking about the next stages. And then there will be a telephone interview and face-to-face interview. Just wait patiently.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banga (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Banga (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

had 3 rounds
    1st technical round conducted by a senior software engineer
     general questions on Data Structures, Algorithms, OOPS, 2-3 puzzles
    2nd managerial round
     about yourself, questions on software development life cycle, integration and unit testing, SQL
    3rd again technical round. This was taken by a big-shot who came all the way from California. He was the head of mobile development!
     given two files, find data that in there in file 1 but not in file 2, hash tables, encryption and compression related questions