Visa Inc. Systems Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Systems Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2017.

Interview

This was easily the worst application, interview, and offer process that I've been a part of since applying to part time jobs in high school.

I felt, despite being very qualified, my time and theirs was wasted by the process that was followed. The application, interview, and offer process unnecessarily lasted multiple months, lacked professionalism on numerous occasions, and made Visa look foolish.

While I excelled in the interviews enough to warrant a job offer, the offer that was made to me was extremely low: it was not close to competitive to my current salary, my desired salary, or salaries for similar jobs in the hiring location.

Interview Questions

• How did your past education and jobs prepare you for the job you applied to?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I had 2 interviews over the phone along with a Skype video conference. My initial meeting was with the recruiter followed up by 2 calls/meetings with management. The end of the process was dealing with recruiter who was very helpful and always took the time to answer my questions. There was a background check at the end, but it didn't take very long to get verified and approved. Most of the post interview information was submitted through a rather simple online interface.

Interview Questions

• Very informal, mostly just about myself and my background. There were only a couple typical interview questions, management appears to value their employees. No "gotcha" questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Lubbock, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email after I had submitted my resume online. They asked for my availability and an appointment was made. A phone interview was conducted and the next week I received a call informing me I got the job! The directors were very friendly and helpful. They did not ask questions to catch you off guard or trick you. They genuinely wanted to know what I could bring to the table and what they could help teach me. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• How does technical communication skills translate over to systems analysis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had 6 rounds plus one hr. It was very tiresome with so many rounds. Instead they should limit the numbers and focus on what the skill set the job needs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's ok. Obviously they had offer in mind just low quoted initially and I was not happy theyes just offered what they had thought.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Ended up accepting my offer and enjoy the work I am doing now, however, the interview process itself was the worst I have experienced. The interview process took months and I interviewed with a total of 8 different people before I was finally given an offer. Luckily, I was employed at the time, but if that is a normal length of time to extend an offer, then Visa is going to lose some very qualified candidates who do not have the luxury to wait.

Interview Questions

• For the majority of my interviews, it was directed more towards my personality and past work experience. One of the interviews was a bit harder in the sense that it was more technical and the interviewer was unpleasant.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very bad way of treating the interviewers..They made us to wait for nearly 4.5 hours for the first round, The interviewer didn't have any courtesy of asking background details nor explain about the role for which I was interviewed..Even If I get, I will decline it.....

Interview Questions

• No relevant questions asked related to Job..Started asking about websphere although I don't have experience on it..and then LDAP.. Interviewer was rude..
      People, first check with panel for what process/job they are interviewing..
      I have interviewed lot of people and gone for few interviews , but never had this kind of bad experience..   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

interview process was simple . Hiring manager and HR was helpful and describe roles , job description before interview. Interview was based on last and current jobs exp. rather less technical and more functional.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked questions on Linux, QA process etc.

The interviewers were senior people and they asked basic technology and aptitude questions.

HR round was normal and I was asked about previous experiences.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2010.

Interview

interview was very casual and informational of what position entailed. Hiring manager was friendly.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2009.

Interview

The phone interview was held and the recruiter called four days later to schedule one on one interview. The one on one was held and the decision was made 4 days later through the recruiter. The phone interview was about skill set and background, the technical questions