Visa Inc. Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty bad process from start to finish. I was an internal referral to boot, and it took almost a month to just contact me. That contact was from HR (very junior) and it was clear they didn't even understand the role or my background. I didn't give the place a second thought for a few months, then for giggles tried again (with help from the referrer) and had a phone call with the department lead that went OK. Along the way, one person flat out told me that I was placed on hold because they wanted a woman to fill the position. I support diversity, I don't support forced diversity. Had I listened to my gut, I would have walked away, but when they asked me to visit, I accepted. I met with members of the team who all seemed very nice and intelligent. The main interviewer failed to show for the interview with me, then the HR interview was done by video conference from SF. How hard is it to be live with your candidates when you work in the Bay Area? The whole thing felt really like it was being "phoned in". The HR interview was actually directly off a script, which felt extremely unprofessional for a VP level job. Was told they were moving forward with other candidates that were a better fit. Fine, no hard feelings, but sure felt like I was a pawn that was strung along.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. It felt as though they wanted to do most of the talking.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring took a while. I got in the pipeline early but was OK with the gaps in communication as it gave me time to explore my options. I felt the questions were appropriate and the background on the company's pros and cons were direct and accurate. I felt the type and number of people I met with were appropriate.

Interview Questions

• You have done this before so why do you want to do it again?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered on salary, signon and start date. Nothing crazy. I got what I asked for on the first two. 50% of getting what is want is asking!