Visionworks General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visionworks General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Visionworks

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Edina, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the Territory Director after she found my resume on Indeed.com.
We had a phone screen followed by an in-person interview.
This was going to be followed by a panel interview via phone conference but I withdrew because I had an offer from another company with hours that I preferred and higher overall compensation.

Interview Questions

The offer was to continue to the panel interview which was going to focus on behaviors and coaching implementations. I actually withdrew before this point because I had received another offer that I preferred.

Other Interview Reviews for Visionworks

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visionworks (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called by the DM to interview for the position. It involved taking a math test and a personality test. Interviews now require an interview by a district manager, a higher member of management, and sometimes human resources.

Interview Questions

• What would the company gain by hiring me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told what the position pays. It was ridiculously low for the work that is expected for general managers and the volume of this particular location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied at EyeMasters (soon to be VisionWorks) online after seeing a job posting on CareerBuilder.com. Surprisingly enough, they called me the next morning to tell me they were having an open house job fair at one of their locations and that I should stop by and apply in person.

I went to the location and filled out a printed paper application. They require you to put a desired salary and will not accept "negotiable" as an answer.

After I filled out the application, I spoke to the store's general manager for about 45 minutes. He asked me routine questions about my approach to customer service, how I would handle an employee conflict and various other standard questions about how you solve problems.

The district manager happened to be there that day and I talked to him for 30 minutes or so as well. Same kind of deal. He was more concerned in making sure I understood how difficult retail management is when it comes to hours, weekends, holidays and the like. I said I had no problem with any of that, of course.

In the end, it was decided that I wasn't experienced enough in eye care to start as a manager, so they suggested I work at a store for a while to get some experience and hopefully get on the fast track to management since they are expanding rapidly. I was unable to accept, however, as my monthly salary requirements could not be met as an hourly + commission associate.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you have, in a previous position, provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • If you suspected an employee was entering false information into the sales software, how would you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks in May 2009.

Interview

I applied on line to be a sales associate. Interviewed once and was hired. Worked my way to third key fairly quickly. After one year of being a third key I interviewed for retail supervisor position and was turned down. 6 months later I reapplied for retail supervisor and interviewed once in person with RVP. and then then had phone interview with T.D. I was given retail supervisor position. Within 6 months I made G.M.

Interview Questions

• I don't think any of the questions were difficult. They were all basic business questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of my salary to take the G.M. Position. I was told that for the store I would be taking over my salary would start at 31,800. I would have actually made MORE money staying a retail supervisor and making commission.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Dallas, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Great Interviewers!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate much.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very basic questions on experience and previous management experience. Interviewed with 3 separate people on the same day. Each asked scenario questions on how I would handle conflict and other employee related questions. It was straight forward and to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was equal part informative on company expectations and culture and getting to know me and my skills and desires for professional development. I enjoyed the engagement of my potential future market leader and Human Resources manager.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

I submitted my resume to one of their postings online. Within a few days they called me for an interview. I met with the store manager and was in their with him and a trainee, for about an hour and half. They followed an interview form basically asking 1 question from each of the blocked areas, taking notes to pass to the next person for 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time to me in your busineess time that you made a poor decision and wished you could go back and change it.   1 Answer
    • Hands you an eyeglass cleaning cloth and asks you to sell it to him.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Based on me not having any eyewear experience but being able to break in at a manager level, there was not alot of negotiation.