Visionworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Visionworks (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Awkward environment. It seemed like they had no clue I was rescheduled for an interview. Rolling Oaks Mall. Everyone just had the wrong attitude. Very detached employees, almost like no one liked each other.. scary!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with sales goals..   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR a few days later by email to set up a phone interview. Sent a follow up email to the person I interviewed with, but was never replied to. Within a week I received TBNT. Overall, it was a fairly good experience. They were quick and professional about the process. My only complaint would be the fact my emails were ignored.

Interview Questions

• Very old school interview, very obvious they are reading off a script. Asked about each job, duties, pay rate, and why you left.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Norman, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call a few days after applying. When I came in, the woman doing the interview and the manager i talked to for a few minutes hadn't looked at my resume before. I ended up withdrawing from consideration after another job offer.

Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks (Syracuse, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very professional. Informative and they had an answer to all my questions. Good group experince. Got to speak with more than one person. Even got shown how to do job.

Lab Supervisor/General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Katy, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line they called and interviewed me the next week. The lady interviewing me didn't know my name or my experience. She didn't know the positions I applied for! I informed her of the positions I applied for and went over my resume. She seemed more interested in the guy with a do rag on his head than interviewing me. This was VERY unprofessional and she was 20 minutes late to the interview. She said they would let me know something in a week and needless to say I haven't heard anything from them and it's been almost three weeks. Don't waste your time with this company! Very sad situation!!!

Interview Questions

• She didn't have any questions for me I asked all the questions.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks in July 2014.

Interview

Start with recruiter and phone interview, then Territory Director interviews regarding specific market. Recruiter narrows down what markets are in need and the company growth strategy. Territory Director gives more of a feel for the management style, expectations and what future opportunities may look like. I did not move forward as the markets they were looking for District Managers did not match my needs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult- standard interview questions   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very detailed and took about an hour. They are not really organized though, as I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview. Then they wanted me to fill out an application on top of submitting a resume and made me wait for about 30 minutes due to their non organization. They gave a lot of timed tests even though the online application process has about a half hour test. I felt that most of the interview process was a waste of time for everyone. Everyone i met was friendly.

Interview Questions

• what do you want most in a workplace?   1 Answer

Lab Tech Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks in July 2012.

Interview

Average interview process. Met with General Manager and Lab supervisor. Nothing special, was quick and easy. Went over the expectations of the job and over some of the company's policies.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied at EyeMasters (soon to be VisionWorks) online after seeing a job posting on CareerBuilder.com. Surprisingly enough, they called me the next morning to tell me they were having an open house job fair at one of their locations and that I should stop by and apply in person.

I went to the location and filled out a printed paper application. They require you to put a desired salary and will not accept "negotiable" as an answer.

After I filled out the application, I spoke to the store's general manager for about 45 minutes. He asked me routine questions about my approach to customer service, how I would handle an employee conflict and various other standard questions about how you solve problems.

The district manager happened to be there that day and I talked to him for 30 minutes or so as well. Same kind of deal. He was more concerned in making sure I understood how difficult retail management is when it comes to hours, weekends, holidays and the like. I said I had no problem with any of that, of course.

In the end, it was decided that I wasn't experienced enough in eye care to start as a manager, so they suggested I work at a store for a while to get some experience and hopefully get on the fast track to management since they are expanding rapidly. I was unable to accept, however, as my monthly salary requirements could not be met as an hourly + commission associate.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you have, in a previous position, provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • If you suspected an employee was entering false information into the sales software, how would you resolve the situation?   Answer Question