Visionworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visionworks Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.2

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR a few days later by email to set up a phone interview. Sent a follow up email to the person I interviewed with, but was never replied to. Within a week I received TBNT. Overall, it was a fairly good experience. They were quick and professional about the process. My only complaint would be the fact my emails were ignored.

Interview Questions

• Very old school interview, very obvious they are reading off a script. Asked about each job, duties, pay rate, and why you left.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Applied for the job in person, turned in the application and received a call about a day later asking to come interview. Interview was easy, asked a few questions showed me around the lab. Recieved a call 2 days later, after drug test and background check, saying I got the job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical 2 or 3 meetings with store and district manager. A lot based on values, sales and customer service and scenarios. Role plays. Mutilingual is a plus. Professionalism very important from the get go.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Eyewear Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy going. I met with the general manager for the first interview. I met with another general manager for the second interview. Both times, I was interviewed in one of the doctor's office. The general manager was very easy going, so it was kinda laid back interview. I was asked the basic interview questions.

Eyewear Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

Fairly awkward, the manager didn't seem to know how to interview people so he called in the supervisor to ask me some questions as he sat there and watched us talk. Got the job, turned out that the manager really didn't know too much about anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered job on spot.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Norman, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call a few days after applying. When I came in, the woman doing the interview and the manager i talked to for a few minutes hadn't looked at my resume before. I ended up withdrawing from consideration after another job offer.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Edina, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the Territory Director after she found my resume on Indeed.com.
    We had a phone screen followed by an in-person interview.
    This was going to be followed by a panel interview via phone conference but I withdrew because I had an offer from another company with hours that I preferred and higher overall compensation.

Interview Questions

The offer was to continue to the panel interview which was going to focus on behaviors and coaching implementations. I actually withdrew before this point because I had received another offer that I preferred.

Optical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

to get the interview in the first place was a disaster. constantly missing each others call is and when i did call back i would be put on hold for about 15 minutes and i assume i was forgot about. management is so poor its a wonder how they still have jobs. interview was extremely informal and i was actually lied to how much i would be getting paid/hour "12.50" it wasn't until my second interview the other manager chuckled and said "10.00 I have no idea why she told you 12.50".

Interview Questions

• were do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Very quick didn't feel like interview. Manager was really aloof of interview. Quickly got interview with TD offer was good. He asked a lot about my previous job. Which I got apt of expertise.

Third Key Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was at job fair. Took a long time. Was smooth for the most. They upsold the company a lot. A lot of question. Regional director is very assertive. Gm follows with interview as well. It was almost to long, it probably was a good thing it was long tho.